Firenze Osteria

4212 Lankershim Boulevard, Toluca Lake, California 91602, USA

Spiritual Seekers

• Firenze OsteriaPro 2014

My wife's B-Day was today and she always wanted to go to Firenze Osteria. I thought I would take her to a surprise dinner there, and it was well worth it.

The minute we walked in we were greeted by Ashley. She was a very good hostess and was helpful. She kept a great smile and made sure that we had our table reservations taken care of quickly.

From that point we had John our server assist us. Since it was our first time there, we asked him what he would recommend as a starter. He recommended Crostini di Pancetta - Grilled Pancetta and Burrata Crostino as an appetizer. Great choice. It was a combination of Toasted Bread, Fresh Imported Burrata, Grilled Pancetta and Crispy Sage, Brown Butter. Very tasty.There were two pieces and my wife and I shared.

For drinks we had the Balsamic Maritini which is muddled strawberries, fresh limes, Vanilla flavored rum with a touch of Balsamic Vinaigrette. One sip and you can have four before you know it. My wife had two and I had one. It was so sweet and smooth you felt like you were on an island.

After the appetizer, we were looking to see what a good main course would be. My wife chose Penne Amatriciana - Penne with Spicy Pork Belly and Onion which is Caramelized Cured Pork Belly, Red Onion, White Wine, Tomato, Chilies and Shaved Pecorino Cheese. I always choose the Risotto when I go to an Italian restaurant the first time. I chose Risotto Salsiccia e Funghi - Sausage and Mushrooms Risotto which is Creamy Arborio Risotto, Caramelized Fennel Sausage, Roasted Wild Mushrooms. Lets just say both our choices we right on point. My wife enjoyed her meal from the beginning to end. I enjoyed mine as well. The Risotto here is definitely better than Olivias in Sherman Oaks. They do a great job and you are almost popping out of your clothes your so full.

For dessert, we had the complimentary chocolate ice cream cake with an awesome cappuccino. Great finisher to a great meal. We saw the owner Fabio, expediting orders as well as wiping down the counter top. He was very attentive to the guest as well as his staff.

All and all the experience was great. The service, the food, and the atmosphere makes you want to come again and again.

We started off with the Crostini di Pancetta - Grilled Pancetta and Burrata Crostino as an appetizer. Great start. It tasted fresh

• Firenze Osteria

7 course tasting menu with wine pairing prepared AND presented by Top Chef's favorite... Fabio Viviani!

I am very glad to say that I picked a perfect place to spend a special evening with my boyfriend for his birthday :) To be honest I was a bit nervous about how this will all turn out since I have read some bad reviews about the chef's table. I still decided to give this place a shot and went there expecting to not see too much of Fabio so that I wouldn't be disappointed if I didn't get to see him.

Not only did he served all courses, he came out and talk to us while we were watching the Saints and Vikings game before dinner. When he left the restaurant, he came by to say good bye, and he came out to take a picture with us as well! The rest of the staff were very friendly. I felt very welcomed and comfortable the whole time I was at the restaurant.

And most importantly, the food was excellent! We were full after the 4th course and tipsy by the 3rd course lol, but I loved everything about it.

To top it all off, I got him a Cafe Firenze cookbook signed by Fabio Viviani and Jacopo Falleni. :) I would love to come back here again~

• Firenze Osteria

I had the pork chop and gnocchi and I enjoyed every bite. The strawberry balsamic martini (see picture) is a must-try!

• Firenze Osteria

This place has been newly renovated and is now under new ownership with a new chef. I met the owners and they're nice, young Italians. The wine selection is pretty extensive and the food is good, but perhaps not quite as good as the prices are high. We did see about four celebrities there though, at different tables. (Zoe Daschenel, Lou Diamond Philips etc)

318 people visited Firenze Osteria