Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 78%Local Culture
- 67%Budget Travelers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 58%History Buffs
- 58%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (393)
- Fisherman's WharfMar 05, 2014
One of San Francisco's most visited attractions, Fisherman's Wharf is a delightful outdoor area where you'll not only find many fishing boats and seafood restaurants but also a whole range of attractions such as historic boats, a submarine, several museums and plenty of shops.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4Feb 28, 2014
Fisherman's Wharf was my first destination when I visited San Francisco many years ago (1981, 2004). I remember the restaurants, the small stores, the hotels, and I also purchased a ticket here to visit Alcatraz.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8Feb 24, 2014
Fisherman's Wharf is where tourists go to get ripped off. There is nothing here that is authentic or worth seeing other than the view of the bay, which you can get from elsewhere on along the water. A few of the seafood restaurants serve good food (especially crab), but the same dishes can be found elsewhere in the city at cheaper prices.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Feb 24, 2014
There are a lot of people in a small location all trying to order at one of the fish markets. Just about anything you order will be good. Keep walking along and you'll see a bunch of different street performers. Many painted in silver or gold from head to toe.Recommended for:Foodies
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 7Jan 31, 2014
Fun, famous and lively! Must try some of the seafood when you're down there. So much fresh seafood and chowder options to choose from.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersFamily Travelers+ 1Jan 28, 2014
Very much for the tourists, but still somewhere that you ought to go and see. Loads of places to eat and spend your money in plus good views out over the bay and boat trips.
- Fisherman's WharfJan 09, 2014
This is where you will find the Ghirardelli chocolate milkshakes I feature in the last photo on the VRBO site - not to mention great seafood restaurants like Alioto's. It is more than a little touristy, but I usually see something interesting and fun. I walk, but there are buses and cabs.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6Dec 15, 2013
I got a bomb clam chowder bread bowl and a beer super cheap here. They had Tabasco sauce out which was the highlight of the whole experience. If it hadn't been freezing and the seagulls weren't trying to attack me it would have been perfect.
- Fisherman's WharfAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 8Nov 26, 2013
I love spending the day on the Wharf. Cute shops, lots of food, fresh fish, and the people watching is spectacular! Make sure to wear your walking shoes. You can pick up all of your souvenirs here!