Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 78%Local Culture
- 67%Budget Travelers
- 60%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 58%History Buffs
- 58%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (393)
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureFoodies+ 7Jan 31, 2014
Fun, famous and lively! Must try some of the seafood when you're down there. So much fresh seafood and chowder options to choose from.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 6Dec 15, 2013
I got a bomb clam chowder bread bowl and a beer super cheap here. They had Tabasco sauce out which was the highlight of the whole experience. If it hadn't been freezing and the seagulls weren't trying to attack me it would have been perfect.
- Fisherman's WharfAmbassadorMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 8Nov 26, 2013
I love spending the day on the Wharf. Cute shops, lots of food, fresh fish, and the people watching is spectacular! Make sure to wear your walking shoes. You can pick up all of your souvenirs here!
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 7Aug 31, 2013
definitely getting touristed, but great seafood and fun atmosphere. must see even if you're just there for the day
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofBudget TravelersOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily Travelers+ 2Oct 03, 2013
Fun to watch the Sea Lions on Pier 39; you can cater a boat that tours you underneath the Golden Gate Bridge and around Alcatraz which is fun, otherwise it is a very loud, crowded touristy place.
- Fisherman's WharfMember ofBudget TravelersLocal CultureBusiness Travelers+ 7May 01, 2013
Yes, it's cheesy but you can't miss Fisherman's Wharf, especially if you've never been to SF. I recommend taking the cable car down (earlier in the day so it's not crowded) and grabbing a bread bowl full of clam chowder or some seafood cocktail down at the wharf. Keep your eyes peeled for the "bushman" too. You'll know him if you spot him!