Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Local Culture
- 98%Family Travelers
- 87%Adventure Travelers
- 76%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 76%History Buffs
- 51%Nightlife Lovers
- 51%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (10)Write a review
- Fløibanen FunicularMember ofLocal CultureLuxury TravelersJan 23, 2014
Nice way to get to the top of Mount Floyen. The views are nice if the weather is cooperating. The lines can get long so plan to travel as early as possible. The entrance is walkable from the main port area.Recommended for:
- Fløibanen FunicularMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Dec 01, 2013
The Fløibanen funicular in Bergen is one of Norway's best-known attractions and can be found in the heart of Bergen, and just a few steps from Fisketorget – the fish market – and the pretty Bryggen wharf.Recommended for:
- Fløibanen FunicularMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFamily TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2First to ReviewMar 13, 2014
The Fløibanen is a sort of hybrid between a train and a chairlift that takes you straight up the side of one of the mountains surrounding Bergen to get breathtaking views of the city and the harbor from above. There are a number of trails on the top, so you can wander for a while and ultimately walk back down to the town (which I would highly recommend doing).Recommended for:
- Fløibanen FunicularAmbassadorMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5Jun 14, 2013
Definitely worth it! Rain or shine, the top of this funicular has the best views of all of Bergen. Who needs a map to decide where to visit next when you can see everything like this?Recommended for:
- Fløibanen FunicularMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 5Feb 01, 2013
If you go to Bergen you must take the Funicular up to the top of the mountain for the spectacular views over the city and the Fjord. Then take a slow stroll down the paths back to the city.