Cities near Fontvieille

Monaco-Ville

Monaco

Amazing place with fantastic bars, clubs, and casinos. However, if you are traveling on a budget, I do not recommend visiting this place.

Monte Carlo

Monaco

We walked around Monte Carlo for a day coming from Nice. It was not what we expected but still very lovely.

La Condamine

Eze

France

magic medieval village sitting on top of a hill overlooking the Mediterranean sea. Great for a stroll through the narrow streets and great views from the castle on top.

Cap d'Ail

La Turbie

Roquebrune-Cap-Martin

Nice

France

I loved that I could walk to the beach from my hotel, barefoot. I loved the flowered plantings, the architecture, the special little pastries in the bakeries, and I loved that I could find an American movie in English to watch.

St-Paul-de-Vence

France

St Paul is a beautiful old town near Nice. It is surprisingly easy and agreeable to while away an afternoon by strolling thru the alleys and sitting in cafes watching people or just enjoying coffee. Worth an excursion. On the many times I have visited here I have not managed to tear myself away from the atmosphere to visit the ...

Antibes

France

Loved Antibes! The city was a joy to walk! Beautiful streets and buildings, little cafes on the sidewalks, and stunning scenery all around made this a nice surprise!

Menton

France

A multicultural border town sharing italian and French cusine, languages and cultures. The old town is a fasinationg place with narrow walkways and hodge podge construction.

Juan-les-Pins

France

I love this place, particularly out of season. Crazy during July & August, but other than that, good food, sunlight, sea, what's not to like?

Villefranche-sur-Mer

France

Very beautiful place with a wonderful sea. From here, you can climb the mountain to Eze Vilage and continue enjoying the panoramic view.

San Remo

Italy

Vence

France

Great medieval city!!!! Clean and beautiful.

Ventimiglia

Italy

Ventimiglia is the first town on the border. I had to spend six hours here waiting for a train to Rome and had a gorgeous, unprotected beach to myself. When I wasn't swimming or sleeping with a tshirt over my head, I was writing in my journal. Worth a stop at least.

Villeneuve-Loubet

Biot

France

Nice village. Check out the blown glass and watching them work- what this village is known for.

St-Laurent du Var

Tourrettes

France

Tourrettes sur Loup is one of those most beautiful villages in France. Nooks and crannies, lots of artist studios and old stone buildings. Definitely photogenic. Nice restaurants as well. You should take the route from Nice to here and then to Gourdon - wonderful sights. The small cafe near the parking area has good selection of typical French breads.