Foodland Super Market Ltd

4-771 Kuhio Highway, Kapaa, HI, United States

• Foodland Super Market LtdPro 2014
    May W
    5 Jan 10, 2014

I love Foodland! I must have stopped by 5-7 of them during my stay in Hawaii. What I really liked about this particular location was that it was located in a huge shopping center where I could shop for groceries, get dessert, and souvenirs. It was very convenient.

Their selection of poke was better than a lot of other locations too. I tried the salmon pokes (regular and wasabi) and thought the wasabi was too badass for me. I'll stick to the regular style next time. They also had a large selection of other seafood and hot dishes too. I really liked that they had some Li Hing seasoned pineapple cubes. It was so refreshing and interesting.

The most special thing about this location is that they sell their famous spam musubi beach towels here. I didn't see it at any of the other locations,. As some of you know, the spam musubi and ahi poke prints for their grocery bags got them a lot of attention a few years back because not only are the prints adorable, but they represent two beloved Hawaiian snacks. I got mine for $10 instead of $13 because I have a membership with them.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodies
  • Foodland Super Market LtdPro 2014
    Verlisia
    3 Nov 06, 2013

Foodland is lovely grocery store chain that has slightly more Hawaiian characters than the generic Safeway. If you are looking for basic supply for your vacation in Kauai, Safeway would probably still serve you better since they have more varieties. What Foodland offered are more interesting cooked food and local fresh produce. It is still just a basic grocery store. If you are looking for organic and specialty items, try Papaya's Natural Foods nearby.

Regardless of where you shop, your grocery bill will be much higher than what you pay in mainland. No faults of the stores really. You are 2000 miles away in the middle of the pacific ocean.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersLocal Culture
  • Foodland Super Market Ltd
    Grace Byun
    5 Sep 23, 2012

I just love this grocery store! They have the best poke (ahi) and other pre package food. We always came here to pick up some sandwiches for our hikes! Oh, they also have the cutest reusable bags too!! You can definitely find your local foods here!

• Foodland Super Market Ltd