Fort Greene Travel Guide
Member Reviews (2)Write a review
- Fort GreeneMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 4
Fort Greene is off the beaten path for most tourists but is a must-see for anyone who wants to claim to know Brooklyn.
The neighborhood was the setting for the Cosby show and is one of the more integrated neighborhoods in the city. Gorgeous brownstones surround a lovely little park that is only steps from a number of top notch, yet relatively undiscovered, restaurants.
Combine a visit with a trip to the Brooklyn Flea. Things can get a little rough if you head too far north or east of the park.
- Fort GreeneFirst to Review
Fort Greene is one of my all-time favorite neighborhoods in Brooklyn. It's very laid back with a great collection of local restaurants of all cuisines tucked under charming old brownstones.
- Grab some food to go and head to Fort Greene Park for some quiet time and fresh air.
- Hit the only Target in all of NYC for some great cheap shopping.
- Visit BAM, the Brooklyn Academy of Music.
Trips that include Fort Greene
By Caroline Andreis