Fortune Grand Hotel
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Art & Design Lovers
- 75%Local Culture
Member Reviews (4)
- Fortune Grand HotelMember ofAdventure TravelersArt & Design LoversOct 15, 2013
I guess this place is too run down and expensive to get four stars from me, but we found it so funny that I'm giving it four stars. I kept picturing myself in my very own Wes Anderson movie as I walked around here. There's a glass sheesha lounge by the rooftop pool, neon blue lighting in the hallways, Russian tourists dressed for clubbing, several completely empty restaurants, and a windowless Indian bar complete with a few aged customers and waitresses in saris who surely who must be character actors?
- Fortune Grand HotelJan 07, 2013
I liked the Fortune Grand Hotel a lot. What I liked was the originality. It was witty. The architecture stile was kept simple, a bit of Arabic and Indic, although there was a modern touch with the kinky blue lights. The pool on the terrace was nice and the rooms were clean. I don’t know if it was because I come from that corner of the world myself, despite not being from India, but I just liked the whole ambience, sitting in the pub downstairs and women in sari waiting on you. I just felt comfortable. This is the kind of place that when I am on vacation and was out during the day having some daytime activities, where I would be looking forward to come back to the hotel and enjoy the amenities.
- Fortune Grand HotelMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 3First to ReviewJul 31, 2012
I have stayed here a lot and i personally like the place for its location, its walkable to the Al Fahidi station, plus Citimart (24H grocery) is like in adjacent lane. Rooms are comfortable, and price wise its decent too.
Very Good!526 reviews across the web.
- Location94% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Service87% found the staff to be very friendly.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 80%.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 78%.
- Food69% found the breakfast to be acceptable.