Founding Farmers

1924 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC 20006
Founding Farmers

• Founding Farmers

Somehow I don't have time to buy groceries and make myself breakfast every morning. I only have time to spend an hour eating breakfast at Founding Farmer's on a weekday morning.

Sometimes I order the hash, and sometimes I order the pancakes. In addition to not having enough time to make my own breakfast, sometimes I also don't have enough time to make decisions, so I order the hash and pancakes, and I basically don't eat the rest of the day.

The pancakes are nice and fluffy, and the hash is you know, a little better than the canned Mary Kitchen Corned Beef Hash that I thought was gold growing up.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesTrendsters
  • Founding FarmersPro 2014

Based on the recommendation of a friend, we decided to drop in on a Saturday morning at 9 am sharp as we heard any later we could be waiting for hours.

Started off sharing an order of beignets. This SET the tone for the rest of brunch! Holy crap, was this good. I was trying my best not to hog this to myself. This is definitely a MUST HAVE for your table. Came with 3 different sauces: chocolate, caramel, and strawberry. All equally appealing! For the actual brunch, I ordered the "Hangover Special." Even though I wasn't hung over from the night before, this will definitely cure you if you did have a crazy night. Wow, this plate just blew my mind. Beef, eggs, cheese, bread, you name it. This plate will make your heart fall in love over again.

If I'm ever in DC again, this is another place I'll be sure to visit.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureAdventure TravelersTrendsters
  • Founding Farmers

Founding Farmers is a local and sustainable restaurant that is always good. The restaurant has a cult following and is always packed. I suggest making reservations even if you are going to breakfast. The weekend brunch is very popular and can be booked weeks in advance. I have never had a bad meal at Founding Farmers. If you are planning on going for dinner I suggest the lobster mac-n-cheese. It's worth every calorie.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal CultureTrendstersVegetarian
  • Founding Farmers

I am so glad we got to eat at this restaurant on our recent visit to Washington, D. C. There were 6 of us. Everything we ordered for dinner was exceptionally delicious and had an interesting twist to how it was prepared. The portions are generous, and deserts are humongous. As you may guess from the restaurant name, this is “farm-to-table” kind of place, serving fresh food from various farms and fisheries. Besides that, the restaurant is collectively owned by American family farmers. It is located nor far from the White House, making it convenient for out of town visitors, but it also frequented by locals. Reservations are highly recommended. This place is very popular and busy – you will know why, once you eat there.

Recommended for:FoodiesGreen TravelersTrendsters
  • Founding Farmers

I am endlessly impressed with this farm-to-table restaurant. Their eco-friendly mantra offers food with a cause, and it comes at no expense to quality.

The burgers are outstanding, and I an endlessly impressed with their cocktail offerings. It can be a little tough getting in, but with good reason. Their food is phenomenal and the prices are more than fair, so why wouldn't there be a line? Step up an elbow your way in. You'll be glad you did.

Recommended for:FoodiesGreen TravelersTrendsters
  • Founding Farmers

Great for big groups. Delicious burgers. Lemon lime soda and cranberry cucumber lemonade are great non-alcoholic thirst quenchers.

• Founding Farmers

I've been for brunch and dinner - both were fantastic! Service is very good and the food was SO AMAZING. Loved the Bananas Fosters French Toast! For dinner I had the Cedar Plank Smoked Salmon with Maple Syrup-Apricot Glaze, asparagus, and cauliflower... all so healthy and really delicious. The Fraise Fling drink is yummy. Shared the Winter Cobbler with a friend - SO GOOD!

• Founding Farmers

We came here for brunch on the recommendation of a few friends. Their niche is sustainable, "green" ingredients and practices. There were a number of things on the menu I wanted to try, but since it was brunch I had the Bananas Foster Waffles. So yummy! I also tried the Pastrami Hash and the steak & eggs. They were both tasty. I would definitely go back.

• Founding Farmers

Excellent breakfast. Very fresh & tasty. The beignets were super light and airily fluffy with a perfect match of jam, caramel, and chocolate. The juices were freshly prepared each morning and the waffles were the perfect balance of sweet and were bouncingly soft.

• Founding Farmers

I'm sorry, I just don't see what all the hype is with this place. I've been here 3 times and each time I have been nonplussed. I ordered "picked vegetables" and got a small jar of pickled gherkins. Nothing else.
    The food was good, but I can't see making this place a destination.

• Founding Farmers

Awesome food, some of the best I had in DC. I had a three course meal of southern comfort food, all of which were delicious. Place does get crowded and loud. Supposedly has a great brunch according to the rest of my family (wasn't able to go w/ them).

• Founding Farmers

One of the best brunches I've ever had the pleasure of eating. Started off with the beignets - complete with a trio of dipping sauces including strawberry preserves, caramel, and chocolate ganache. After preparing our palates with sugary doughy goodness, I dove into my crab cake benedict fork first. It was positively very crabby - don't you hate when it's all filler? The perfect amount of crab to egg to muffin.

Washing all of this down with a glass of fresh squeezed OJ and a bottomless cup of Intelligentsia coffee and we were fueled and ready to explore!

*Founding Farmers also happens to be in a perfect location for beginning your walking tour of the monuments!

• Founding Farmers

Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. Great Food, cool country sheek decor. All organic! Sign me up. I know the guys who developed this restaurant concept and am a huge fan of all their restaurants, but this one is at the top of my list. They also have some amazingly talented mixologists making some pretty insane and delicious cocktails, so I'd say that whether you want a full meal of just a great drink, this place is definitely one to check out.

• Founding Farmers

Amazing brunch menu & brunch cocktails.

• Founding Farmers

best local crowd, always a good meal

• Founding FarmersPro 2014

Founding Farmers is great! Quality, delicious food. Order the cornbread! You won't regret it.

• Founding Farmers

Amazing food, personable staff, and great atmosphere. A must for any crowd.

increible

• Founding Farmers

Farm to table food and drink are the signature at this popular Beltway restaurant which is even owned by a collective of American farmers.

2,841 people visited Founding Farmers

Moderate

Breakfast: Mon-Fri: 7am - 11am. Lunch and Dinner Mon: 11am - 10pm. Tu-Th: 11am- 11pm. Fri: 11am-12am Sat: 2pm-12am Sun: 2pm - 10pm. Brunch: Sat&Sun 9am-2pm.

AKA White House