Four Seasons Hotel New York
Phone:+1 212 758 5700
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Pets Allowed
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Video Check Out
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Handicap Accessible
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
- 87%Luxury Travelers
- 59%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 51%Local Culture
Member Reviews (16)
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkMember ofLGBTLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 4Nov 02, 2013
No doubt, this is a lovely property in a great location. The building architecture and interior design are very distinctive. Rooms are very comfortable and the views from my 31st floor suite were amazing. The interior design at The Garden is worth a visit even if you aren't staying at the hotel.
I did have some issues with the property which surprised me given that this is one of (if not the) most expensive hotels in New York. Front desk staff were excellent; however, during my stay I thought the food and beverage staff were inattentive, inflexible, and unfriendly (at The Bar, TY, and the Garden).
- slow to deliver menus and take orders
- did not re-fill water glasses regularly
- unfriendly / cold demeanor
- seemed annoyed by special requests
If I were to guess, I'd say that F&B is focused on the tourist crowd (at least on a Friday evening) and that staff feel like they don't have to treat them as well as a typical Four Seasons would treat it's guests. The property is also "TY" branded. Makes me wonder if they train their people somewhere different from other properties as they seem to have a very different service philosophy.
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkMember ofBudget TravelersFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 1Mar 26, 2013
Those who follow my reviews know that I have no tolerance for snooty staff behavior. I have been staff, and know what it means to provide 5 star service. Several months ago I met with the owner of the hotel/spa group that I used to work for. She was staying at the Four Seasons, so we decided to meet there over some coffee. We arrived at noon, her from shopping and me from work, and headed up to the terrace. The hostess refused to serve us at 12:05 because "the restaurant closed at noon," and wouldn't even let us get a word in. In my hotel experience the answer is never, "No." Especially since you might unknowingly be dealing with a VVIP guest. So we sat and met with no F&B service, even though other tables were still being served. Just bad.
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Oct 07, 2012
The best business hotel in NYC because of its prime location in Midtown Manhattan, superior service, incredible views of Central Park, luxurious amenities and beautiful rooms.
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkAmbassadorMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 3Aug 20, 2012
The Four Seasons restaurant perfectly illustrates NYC extravagence. While I was not really a fan of the conference room looking dining room, it was difficult to fault either the food or the service. The service is quick, efficient and friendly just as you would expect from a restaurant with such a high reputation. The food was great too. I opted for the summer tomato-watermelon gazpacho that was everything I wanted it to be- light, refreshing, spicy, salty, sweet. The depth of flavor is quite complex and got better with each spoonful. The foie gras was great too, prepared with a classic combination of apples and paired with some corn bread.
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 5Jul 05, 2012
This is a lovely Four Seasons, perfectly located for both business and family travel, on 57th street. The restaurant and spa are both excellent and the lobby is ideal for business drinks and shmoozing.
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 1Jul 05, 2012
What I liked:
- Lobby lighting is perfectly dim. Very calming from the hustle and bustle on the streets
- Their restaurant L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon is a must if you're staying there, or even if you're not. One of the best restaurants in the city.
- Nice and big rooms
- Staff respects your privacy, but is there if you need their help
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodiesLuxury Travelers+ 3Jul 05, 2012
Reasons why the Four Seasons NYC is on my favorite list: the central location to EVERYTHING, the restaurants, the service, and the amenities. Rooms are comfortable and plush. The real reason why everything is great here is its beautiful design. There is something about walking into a lobby that is itself a work of art. The entire building IS a work of art.
A fan of I.M. Pei's modern and functional designs, I have already fallen for this hotel property. The exterior and interiors are as impressive and they are practical. Even though the Four Seasons almost always delivers in the "software" in the hotel operation, to me, the best part about this hotel is the "hardware".
- Four Seasons Hotel New YorkJul 04, 2012
I love the Four Seasons in NYC for the service and the elegance. The spa, central location to shopping, restaurants, etc. They have a great tea where you can and breakfast where you can spot power players in the fashion, movie and finance industry. Amazing french restaurant at night.
Dining options at Four Seasons New York include 6 restaurants and a bar/lounge. Room service is available 24 hours a day. Recreational amenities include a health club, a spa tub, a sauna, a fitness facility, and a steam room. The property's full service health spa has body treatments, massage/treatment rooms, and facials. This 5.0 star property has a 24 hour business center and offers small meeting rooms, secretarial services, and a technology helpdesk. Wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available in public areas (surcharges apply). This New York property has 10700 square feet of event space consisting of banquet facilities, conference/meeting rooms, and exhibit space. Business services, wedding services, limo/town car service, and tour/ticket assistance are available. Guest parking is available for a surcharge. Additional property amenities include valet parking, a concierge desk, and multilingual staff. The property has designated areas for smoking.
There are 368 guestrooms at Four Seasons New York. Guestrooms have city views. Rooms are individually decorated and furnished. Beds come with triple sheeting, down comforters, and down blankets. Bathrooms feature separate bathtubs and showers, phones, televisions, and makeup/shaving mirrors. Wireless and wired high speed Internet access is available for a surcharge; guestrooms also offer cordless phones, CD players, and voice mail. 37 inch LCD televisions have premium cable channels, DVD players, and TV Internet access (surcharge). Air conditioned rooms also include desks, remote lighting/drapery/curtain control, blackout drapes/curtains, and electronic check out. Guests may request refrigerators, microwaves, and hypo allergenic bedding. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request. Guestrooms are all non smoking.
- There are no room charges for children 12 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.
Excellent!379 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Location98% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds. 97% of the guests loved it.
- Service91% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel Building77% said the facilities were very new.
- FoodTasty food. 77% of guests mentioned it positively.