Francis Marion Hotel
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Free Hi Speed Internet
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- Electronic Room Keys
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Family Rooms
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Show more
Member Reviews (2)
- Francis Marion HotelFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
“Step back in time,” is a phrase that this hotel utilizes. It works for me. I walk into the lobby and always recall how the waiters at the Swamp Fox would pamper my sister and me. As kids, we got to go there, if we had been very good. We’d sit on velvet cushions and it was, “Pass the pickled watermelon rinds, sister!”
Francis Marion was the grand dame of the hotels, the restaurant one of the only in the city and the classiest. Alas, over the decades, larger, modern hotels eclipsed this landmark, yet it always retained a sense of civility with a staff of caring, long-term professionals. They really out do themselves with meetings and social events. However, it had the stigma of guest rooms that were too small. The big fix came in 2010 when walls came crashing down. The only caveat is that most bathrooms are still diminutive. And the Swamp Fox, now more casual, with its farm-to-table menus, still has my vote.
Very Good!1596 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Location98% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food94% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel84% thought it was clean.
- PricePrice is reasonable. 72% of guests gave positive feedback.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building. Only 65% of guests gave positive feedback.