Member Reviews (2)
- Franklin HotelJul 27, 2012
I really like this hotel, and I wish more of Chapel Hill had the same modern vibe as this place. Somehow it seems out of place to me. The bar is loungey and hip, like it belongs in a city center rather than a smallish college town. It doesn't open until 4, which I found a bit odd, but I guess that's another indication of where the hotel is located and the volume of traffic they get in the bar during the day. The rooms are really plush and luxurious feeling, and they aren't teeny tiny like you often find in "boutique" hotels. I love that this hotel is walkable, since it's right in downtown Chapel Hill. Also, the service was awesome. They even offer you free beverages and fresh-baked cookies as soon as you walk in the door!
- Franklin HotelFirst to ReviewJul 26, 2012
This hotel is right in the the midst of downtown within walking distance to tons of shops. The rooms are beautiful. The lobby of the hotel is modern, sleek and sophisticated. It does have an air of old fashioned southern style with dark wood accents which is a great touch. The staff is very professional and helpful. Bar is not open until evening though so keep that mind if you're hoping to get a drink in the afternoon. You can lounge in the bar but just can't get a drink until they open the bar.
Excellent!261 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food96% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Ambiance88% were fond of the entertainment options.
- Room74% were happy with the bathroom.
- Hotel73% thought it was clean.
- LocationGreat parking, according to 71%.