Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 70%Family Travelers
- 59%Local Culture
- 59%Adventure Travelers
- 59%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (8)Write a review
- FrascatiMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 8Mar 08, 2014
Frascati have been on my radar for years and finally got a chance to dine here without a dinner reservation.
I started off with a glass of pinot noir while my friend had a beer. We ordered:
- Russet Potato Gnocchi = with Leeks, English Peas, Fava Beans, Roma Tomatoes, Parmesan and White Truffle Oil. Somehow the gnoochi was not to my liking, maybe because it had a dried after taste. Something imbalance about it.
- Grilled Swordfish = with Wild Mushroom Ragout, Radicchio, Baby Spinach and Kalamata Olive Butter. The fish was part broken when it was served to us but that didn't bother us.
- Maple Leaf Duck Breast = flavorful flavors but two small cut pieces of duck did not do it for me. Although the picture looks like the portion was huge, it was half the size of my fist.
I wanted to give this place more stars, but that is the most I could do. The service was attentive however the food was lacking. At most 3 stars is decent in my book.Recommended for:
- FrascatiMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 2Jan 07, 2013
A colleague suggested this place for dinner at the end of a conference day, and it lived up to expectations. Highly rated Italian/Mediterranean and everything was outstanding. I had pork sugo (braised in a flavorful tomato sauce) served on house-made fresh pappardelle - delicious! The service is excellent and I really like that they are not at all pretentious or stuffy.
- FrascatiJul 04, 2012
Super cozy and great for a date or for a special occasion (family included.) Although the upstairs doesn't have the much-touted reviews of the cable cars, it's got a good cozy, B&Bish feel to it. Frutti de Mare risotto, gnocchi, duck confit salad, and mushroom bruschetta were excellent.Recommended for:
- FrascatiMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 5Jul 04, 2012
We have enjoyed Frascati's food several times when visiting San Francisco. It is good for gathering of friends or a romantic dinner for two. Right by the antique tram track in Russian Hill.