Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 97%Local Culture
- 92%Budget Travelers
- 85%Art & Design Lovers
- 76%Family Travelers
- 67%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 67%History Buffs
Member Reviews (56)Write a review
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Jul 11, 2014
Fremont is a really interesting neighborhood, and the Troll lives there. He's famous because he was featured in one of my favorite movies, 10 Things I Hate About You, and well, because he's an ugly troll. Perfect for photo opportunities, and climbing around if you want.Recommended for:
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jul 10, 2014
The Fremont Troll hangs out under the Aurora bridge and is located near beautiful Gas Works Park. Climb atop the colossal statue to snap a photo, and marvel in its art! Fremont Troll. This is an unmissable experience when visiting Seattle!Recommended for:
- Fremont TrollMember ofBudget TravelersBusiness TravelersFoodiesNov 06, 2013
Ask a local for directions to the Fremont Troll. The address is 3405 Troll Ave N, otherwise known as underneath the Highway 99 bridge, but the easiest thing is to ask. If it’s sunny there will be plenty of tourists making their way for photo ops. You might recognize this grumpy gentlemen from Ten Things I Hate About You. Climb on his head!Recommended for:
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 31, 2013
a real troll under the bridge -- it's a trek if you take the bus from city center, but it's totally cool. I love venturing here, and then walking over to Paseo to grab lunch. It's a great day adventure.Recommended for:
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Oct 05, 2013
Fremont is a very awesome neighborhood with good eats, great shops, and the Fremont Troll! You'll really enjoy the neighborhood and it's not too far from downtown so you can get to this area easily by bus or cab (not expensive at all)Recommended for:
- Fremont TrollDec 14, 2012
This is definitely a very weird attraction to have and I guess it's cool to see but there isn't much to it.
On a normal day you will see a lot of kids climbing up and down and around it and maybe a few pieces of trash. Generally, they try to keep this place fairly clean.
Getting here is a bit of a pain because the streets are extremely narrow and there are rows of cars parked on both sides. The intersections are a bit strange and it's difficult to find parking because the streets are already lined. This is in a residential area so it's quiet for most of the time(s) you will see the troll. It will probably take you all of 5 minutes to grab two pictures and move on and there isn't much else around the area so don't make it an out of the way attraction to see because it's just ... what it is ... a troll!Recommended for:
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLuxury TravelersDec 14, 2012
This is one of those strange, "only in Seattle" things that you'll see every now and then. It's literally a grey stone troll with eyes that 'sits' under a bridge in the Fremont neighborhood. It was apparently designed by some local artists, and to this day the locals have fun dressing him up around holidays and other events in Seattle. You never know what you'll see around him depending on the day or time of year. Again, it's under a bridge, so there's not a lot of time to spend here, but worth driving by or taking a picture if you've got some time!
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Sep 26, 2012
I'm not quite sure how to review a giant concrete troll, but this is one of the things that reminds me why I love Seattle. Built back in the 1990s to combat the drug dealing happening under the Aurora Bridge in the artsy district of Fremont, the Troll has become a tourist attraction. You'll see dozens of people from around the world each day, arriving to photograph the 20-foot creature (who is clutching a real VW bug in his hand).
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4Sep 24, 2012
The Fremont Troll is a must see for any Seattle visitor who likes to keep things a little off beat and low key. The Fremont neighborhood is also a nice place to get a bite and see the Lenin Statue, another local gem.
- Fremont TrollJul 05, 2012
If nothing else, you can take some awesome pictures here. Look Ma! I'm picking a giant troll's nose! Hey fb friends, i'm someplace totally awesome - guess where?! It's only about a mile down the road from the most awesome cuban sandwich place on earth (Paseo's) so you might as well walk off that food coma by visiting a giant, randomly-placed work of art - especially if you're lucky enough to visit Seattle during good weather, which fortunately, I was!
- Fremont TrollMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 12Jul 05, 2012
Who doesn't love a troll under a bridge?
1) the best sandwich place, Paseo, in Seattle and dare i say it, perhaps all of the west coast, is in the same neighborhood So whether you get to Fremont for the sandwich or the Troll, make sure you pair it with the other. Sandwich + troll = awesome combo.
2) the Troll was in 10 Things I Hate About You.
3) the car under its left hand is a real VW bug.