Fullsteam Brewery

726 Rigsbee Avenue, Durham, North Carolina

Maddy SL
    4 Jan 09, 2014

Go to fullsteam if you want to hang out and talk with the people you're with. Drink great beer and grab food from one of the food trucks outside, or bring your own! kids welcome til 9pm, lots of arcade games and ping pong

Recommended for:Family TravelersLocal CultureNightlife LoversTrendsters
    travel33
    5 Jul 21, 2012

I was in Durham visiting a friend for 4 days and this was absolutely my favorite place! It was so much fun and the bartender was awesome! Location wise I would have never seen it -it looks like a bunch of factories/offices and in the middle of nowhere, a total hidden gem. My friend saw the great reviews on yelp and decided to take me there, It's one block away from the Old Durham Bull stadium.

When you walk in, it looks like it was an old factory. The front area has a ping pong table, 2 pinball machines, Ms Pac Man and a little arcade bowling game. All the games look like they were from the early 80's! Nostalgia...

The second main hall was full of picnic tables and people gathered there to drink. On the left side of this room was a separate bar area which was totally my cup a tea (or beer!). Past the bar in a separate area was a place to play darts which seemed to be the most popular spot. It was right next to the glass that looked into the brewery tanks. There was also a separate area outside for the smokers.

Now onto the beers, the great thing about their beers for us ladies is that you can buy a smaller size which is half the usual poor. It's also half the price. I think a regular pour was $4 and $4.50 so half the size would bee $2 & $2.25. I wanted to try all 5 of their signature beers so I did 1/2 pours of each. I'm not normally a fan of IPA's but my favorite ended up being their Rocket Science IPA. I had seconds! The other one I liked was a weird one - Summer Basil and it totally tasted like basil. The first few sips I didn't like but then it gets you! I'm sure people either love this beer or hate it, I ended up liking it a lot.

The atomosphere was my favorite part of the place it's lively but not overly obnoxious. The bar table has a long strip of dry erase area where they leave you a bunch of markers and you can write on it or play games - we had a competitive hang man game going! It was so much fun.

If you enjoy beer and a fun atmosphere, FullSteam is a must do!

• Fullsteam BreweryPro 2014
    Alex

I could live here. So could you. We all could. And if you're in Durham right now, you probably practically do (I know people who are here 2-3 times a week).

Imagine this: your living room, times 20. Add in an indoor playground (ping pong tables, arcade video games, darts, etc). Once in a while, throw in some live music on a stage. Decorate the whole room with steampunk-ish looking warehouse gear and, the piece d'resistance, drop a coupla food trucks out front. But not the same ones, of course. You ARE going to live here, after all, so you don't want the same pizza, Chinese dumplings or cupcakes EVERY night.

The best part? The brewery is all ages, so you'll see babies, college kids, kid-kids and adults here all day and night. Fullsteam represents exactly what I love about Durham.

Sarah Kelley
    5 Dec 03, 2012

Excellent beers and eclectic crowds.

609 people visited Fullsteam Brewery