Furaibo Japanese Restaurant

17859 Colima Rd

• Furaibo Japanese RestaurantPro 2014
    Mendel Lin
    4 Mar 23, 2014

Lunch and Dinner here are two very different experiences.

In general, I like to consider Furaibo the place for authentic Japanese comfort food (minus ramen). What's that mean? Fried food and meats with carbs!

Come for lunch for some great bargains with lots of food. *check my pictures for updated lunch menus.

Come for dinner for comfort food + beer and sake.

Furaibo is HIGHLY underrated.

• Furaibo Japanese RestaurantPro 2014
    Alice Ly
    3 Jun 18, 2013

I've been here a couple times before and most recently for a birthday dinner.

Oddly, all the times before I had their Saba (Mackerel) instead of the fried chicken.

Well during a friend's birthday dinner, I decided to get chicken!

Dinner Set Box B which contained one leggy thigh, and a bit of this and that in a bento box setting (veggies, potato, pork cutlet, salad etc) $12.97

It contained JUST enough food to keep me content. And we had brought a cake so that tipped me over. But I think for a dude, that box set won't be enough.

And speaking of birthday cake, I was totally bummed they don't sing or anything! They just brought out the cake in it's covered box form, handed us a stack of paper plates and that was it :P

There was also a surly looking younger waitress that didn't seem all that happy to be serving us either :P Like really? We take over the whole tatami table stage area and you can't crack a smile? Pfft.

Anyway, not somewhere I'd voluntarily go to but fine once in awhile. I might prefer their grilled mackerel to their chicken actually!

• Furaibo Japanese Restaurant
    John H.
    3 Jul 15, 2012

Japanese fried chicken. When I first heard these words, I didn't know what to expect. But it was salty, spicy surprise. Be sure to buy the 50% off coupons that are available online if you decide to go.

• Furaibo Japanese Restaurant
    Jen H
    4 Jul 12, 2012

-Lunch Review, only available weekday-

I love coming here for lunch because you can get a full meal under ten bucks! Furaibo's closes on Mondays! But on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, you can get the combo meal if you want a bit of chicken (teba=wings, chita=legs & thighs, and jane=chicken breast) with pork cutlet, chicken cutlet, or Korean bbq.

On their lunch menu, I would suggest getting the DOUBLE anything (#6-9) because if you get the singular portion, you'll be regretting that you didn't go double. Trust me! My favorite choice from their menu is their wings. It's hard nowadays to find a decent restaurant that has actual chicken wings. Did you know the price point for wings are higher? I once ordered buffalo wings at an anonymous restaurant and all I got was drumsticks!!! This fact alone makes me appreciate Furaibo's wings!

You get to choice the level of spiciness, which goes from sweet, mild, regular, and extra spicy. I usually go the sweet or mild, but don't be afraid of their spice here, it's really not spicy at all!

The meal also comes along with miso soup and salad (I would recommend their miso dressing, the best!). The meals here are not the healthiest of choice since everything is pretty much deep or pan fried! But somehow, everything taste better fried somehow! Chicken Wings anyone?!

Hours: 11: 30AM ~ 2: 00PM, 5: 00PM ~ 10: 00PM