Galco's Soda Pop Stop

5702 York Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA, United States

• Galco's Soda Pop Stop
    Nicole & Michael P
    5 Feb 09, 2014

OMG. Most amazing selection of sodas, candy, beer, sake and sandwhiches from a local owned "mom and pop" business in Los Angeles for over 100 years!

Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersLocal CultureTrendsters
  • Galco's Soda Pop StopPro 2014
    Sara Benson
    5 Oct 19, 2013

Scores of different brands of soda pop fills the shelves on this old-school store that also carries retro candy like Charleston Chew and craft beers like Abita. But the best part really is the rainbow variety of soda flavors, from Green River, Dr. Brown's and others you've never heard of but your grandmother might have, to mod new fusion flavors from Jones, Waialua, etc. Ask about a 10-case discount card for frequent shoppers.

Recommended for:Budget Travelers
  • Galco's Soda Pop Stop
    Erin K
    3 Oct 17, 2013

Ask where you can get an obscure soda that can't be found in grocery stores, and most people will either direct you to Rocket Fizz or Soda Pop Stop. I prefer Rocket Fizz because of it's kitchy atmosphere and massive amounts of candy among all the soda, but Soda Pop Stop definitely has a larger selection of sugary drinks - especially when it comes to root beer and ginger ale. Prices are roughly $1.99 for a bottle. What detracts from SPS is its appearance: the shop looks like a 99 cent store that's about to go out of business.

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
  • Galco's Soda Pop StopPro 2014
    Grace C.
    5 Oct 12, 2012

Living in LA my whole life - I was surprised that I never knew of this place until recently. It's practically down the street from my house.

My best friend and I headed over here to check it out. Talk about overload. There is virtually every type of soda and beer/wine in this place. It's an old grocery store - still has a deli counter in the back.

There were a lot of sodas that were different, but I only go for the real cane sugar dr. pepper, bubble up and the occasional Cheerwine. I wanted Sun Drop, but the owner told us that he was barred from selling it here due to some stupid CA proposition (gotta love our props!). Oh well, I guess I'll have to wait until I'm back in Charlotte.

Also - we got a chance to talk to the owner. He is super nice. He humored my friend with a picture. He asked us what we were looking for, gave us recommendations and even took our shopping cart of goodies out to the car for us.

256 people visited Galco's Soda Pop Stop