Galleon House Bed & Breakfast
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- Galleon House Bed & BreakfastFirst to ReviewOct 21, 2012
Right in town, The Galleon House on Government Hill, is part of my history. It was where I vaca’ed in the early ‘70s, when St. Thomas was it! It is where I landed when an aborted sailing gig as a sea-cook, left me stranded on dry land. I arrived on the terrace without funds and told the owners, Marty and Annie, that if they would take me in, I’d put on the apron and wait tables or be a cooker. They did…I did. I went on to live in the U.S.V.I. and B.V.I. for six years. Times change and a fire took the restaurant and piano bar and more. In the ‘80s the balcony-view rooms were built into the hillside and they are the best option. The “originals” are simple but ask for one with a handsome new bathroom. An interior room, that sleeps three and has a large closet and bath’, suits many travelers. The two, inexpensive double rooms that share a bath, always fill up.
And the best is that the new owners, Trisch and Chris, are hip, fun, caring and into upgrading their property.
Good!68 reviews across the web.
- AmbianceGreat ambiance. Highly appreciated by 100% of guests.
- Location100% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Food94% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel93% thought it was clean.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 78% of guests gave positive comments.