Gatwick Airport, London (LGW)
Member Reviews (10)
- Gatwick Airport, London (LGW)Member ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4Oct 01, 2013
I found Gatwick to be a much more pleasant experience than Heathrow, although the distance from the city is somewhat inconvenient.
- Gatwick Airport, London (LGW)Member ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 7Oct 12, 2012
But for the fact that it is not very accessible to Cambridge, I prefer this airport to Heathrow. Small enough to be easy to negotiate, better run than LHR, and the staff are more polite and reasonable. Also do note that the Brighton to Bedford line (which goes through Pancras) is often much more convenient than taking the Gatwick Express to Victoria, but for some reason TFL and National Rail don't twig that by going to Pancras it also essentially goes to Kings Cross.
- Gatwick Airport, London (LGW)Member ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness Travelers+ 1Oct 01, 2012
I really hate Heathrow, but I don't know if Gatwick makes up for it. It seems like it's very far away from London since the train takes about an hour, which is torture after a long flight.
- Gatwick Airport, London (LGW)Jul 31, 2012
I am pleased to report that my recent return British Airways flights from London Gatwick to Faro Portugal went very smoothly.
The airport has decent road links to London via the M25 and M23.
Only downside is that some of the travellers look like they've never been on a plane before!
- Gatwick Airport, London (LGW)Member ofLocal CultureBusiness TravelersLuxury Travelers+ 2First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Gatwick Airport is situated 30 miles from Central London. From Victoria Underground Station, the ride takes 1hour by Gatwick Express. The airport has 2 wings: North and South, which are super confusing. The trip to the airport takes for ever and most flights leave extremely early.