Gaucho's Village

411 N Brand Blvd, Glendale, CA 91203

• Gaucho's VillagePro 2014

Ok so you want to go and get something special grub wise. You are starved and havent had enough to eat for days. Hell maybe you just have a couple of super hungry teenage boys with hollow legs and arms. Well this is the place for all of you.

It is AYCE. That is All You Can Eat for those that are acronym deficient.n That means that they keep bringing you grub to your table for as long as you want to eat.

Pro Tip: Get the chunks of meat with the thin layer of fat that has been seasoned a couple of times. It is one of the best tasting things ever.

It is a pricey lunch, but in regards to churrascaria it is reasonably priced. It is about $20 for lunch and that is what i came for. Needless to say, I didnt eat before or after this for the rest of the day. It is filling as can be.

They also have a huge buffet line that is mostly starches and salads. They also have a few meat items and some random Brazilian veggies. But this is honestly just filler.

The star here are all the bbq meat dishes that they bring around to you. They have a bunch of them varying from standard stuff like tri tip and sausage to some random stuff like chicken hearts.

I definitely recommend that everyone come and try this stuff. It is a great time but a bit pricey. To me it is totally worth it but not to all.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
  • Gaucho's VillagePro 2014

First off, the service is amazing. There are so many people working and they are so attentive. Someone in our party asked for a coke once and 3 glasses came lol.

We went on a rainy Wednesday night so the place is mostly empty. There were more people working than customers. The meat came around so quickly. We were full very quickly. I would say the meat is average. Their Picanha can't beat Fogo's or Libra but the meat quality is good. I actually enjoyed the seasoning on their lamb best.

The reason why I gave this place 3 stars is their hot bar. The dishes on the hot bar are amazing! I almost wanted to not eat the meat and just go for the dishes from the bar. My favorite was this chicken stew in a creamy sauce. They have top quality dishes and don't skimp on anything. There was salmon, beef stew, chicken, to name a few. The selection was great.

They have a nice alcohol selection but a little pricey. The wine selection is big. I enjoyed my Malbec a lot.

The price is about $30 a head on weekdays and $36 on weekends for the food. We had a party of 5 and they forced an 18% tip on us. Good thing I was expensing it through work so I didn't care.

• Gaucho's VillagePro 2014

I've been here a couple of times now for company Christmas lunches. The buffet area looks small, but there's actually a good variety of cold and hot dishes. Plus that doesn't matter too much since the best part is stuffing your face with all the grilled meat!

The sides are still good though, so worth mentioning.
    Cold salads: potato, tuna, pasta, veggies, beets, spinach, caesar? and a few more things. I didn't care much for the creamy salads, but the veggies and leafy salads were great with the grilled meat!
    Hot dishes: stroganoff, white rice, yellow rice, potatoes, roasted veggies, okra, mashed potatoes, cheese bread, meat stew, soups. The stroganoff over rice was really good. I loved the mashed potatoes because I tasted a thin layer of cheese, great with some stew. The cheese bread was warm and gooey.
    There were also caramelized looking bananas but I didn't eat any.

The meat was much better this time than last year, maybe because I arrived earlier. If you're lucky and can get the first slice of meat, that's the best because it has all the seasoning! The top sirloin, sirloin and tri tip were the best meats. The garlic steak needed some salt, but was cooked perfectly. The chicken was tender. The ribs were a little dry, and I did not particularly care for the sausages. The pork tenderloin sprinkled with parmesan cheese was moist.. some fat.. but that's what made it moist. I can't be certain of their consistency though because I remember not liking the pork last year (dry) and the first batch of sausages was dry, while later they looked so moist but I didn't want any. The first batch of sirloin was cooked medium rare while a later batch was really rare.

I wanted a non alcoholic brazilian drink, so the waiter suggested guarana soda. He described it as similar to ginger ale, but I thought it tasted more like apple. It was good. $3 for a can...

The service was mostly good overall, except for one meat server who seemed annoyed and a bit rude... and he looked like he didn't want to come to our table.

I have not been to fogo de chao which I heard was really good.. But this was definitely better than when I went to Green Field in West Covina.

Parking on the street meters is $1 per hour.

• Gaucho's Village

752 people visited Gaucho's Village

Expensive

Monday 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Tuesday 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Wednesday 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Thursday 11:30 AM - 10:00 PM, Friday 10:30 AM - 11:00 PM, Saturday 12:00 PM - 11:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM - Monday-Saturday we close at 2:30PM for lunch and o