Generator Hostel London
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 75%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (4)
- Generator Hostel LondonMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsWellness+ 1Jul 21, 2013
The Generator Hostel is situated in a quiet street brimming with culture, nightlife and just that little taste of residential London life.
The hostel itself is an old police station with comfortable rooms - if not a little small - a pumping bar and good lounge and common rooms.
At the time of writing they had just completed a major renovation which I am yet to check out.
Conveniently located a 5-10 minute walk from Russell Square (Piccadilly Line) or 10-15 minute walk from Kings Cross St Pancras (Circle, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City, Victoria, Metropolitan, Northern tube lines and Eurostar, Southeaster, East Midlands Trains, First Capital Connect, East Coast and Hull Trains serving the UK and Europe)
- Generator Hostel LondonMember ofBudget TravelersFoodiesVegetarian+ 2First to ReviewFeb 13, 2013
This is a MASSIVE hostel. If you are looking for a cheap place to stay with a few friends it's great, but if you are a solo traveler it's not a good place to meet people.
The location is convenient, close to transport and a safe neighborhood.
Dining options at Generator Hostel London include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. A complimentary breakfast is served daily. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. Additional property amenities include an arcade/game room, multilingual staff, and gift shops/newsstands. This is a smoke free property.
There are 214 guestrooms at Generator Hostel London. Guestrooms share bathrooms. Rooms also include blackout drapes/curtains and electronic/magnetic keys. Guests may request irons/ironing boards and wake up calls. Guestrooms are all non smoking.
Notifications and Fees:
The following mandatory hotel imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check in or check out.
- A mandatory fee for towels/sheets will be charged
Additional fees and deposits may be charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
Mediocre3385 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for travelers who want to party.
- LocationNear to public transport, according to 99%.
- Service87% found the staff to be very friendly.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 87%.
- Ambiance87% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Hotel73% thought it was clean.
- Food54% found the breakfast to be acceptable.