Germaine's Luau

91-119 Olai St, Kapolei, HI 96707

Steve Baumgartner
    4 May 29, 2014

Some of the things here were sort of cheesy, but fun at the same time to keep you occupied from the time you arrive until the meal. The meal itself was okay, but we were there primarily for the experience. I enjoyed the entertainment from around the Pacific basin.

Bailey Klentzman
    5 Apr 22, 2014

This was the best luau I went to while living in Hawaii. I took some friends who were visiting, and we were all completely entertained. The food was great and we had plenty of time to talk with others around us, too.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts
    JJ
    3 Jan 29, 2014

My family and I had a good time at the Luau but it is commercial and you can tell the people are just going through the paces even if they are doing a good job. One very friendly associate helped us fill our plates and carry them to our table since I was carrying my son.

The dancers did a good job and it was fun, but didn't blow me away in any manner, especially not for what I paid for each ticket. It all went by pretty quickly and is not is a very favorable location.

Ngoc Hanh Pham
    4 Apr 23, 2013

This was a really great luau. The drive here was very entertaining because the tour guide and bus driver were really funny and friendly. It didn't feel too long of a drive because everyone on the bus was laughing the whole way there. Once we got to location, we were able to take pictures with the sunset in the background. This luau had a very authentic feel. I really enjoyed the food and the whole atmosphere. I also got to take pictures with the beautiful dancers :) The show was great and I had an amazing experience overall.

• Germaine's LuauCommunity ManagerPro 2014
    Yen Phan
    4 Apr 03, 2013

A fun luau starting from the minute you board the bus from Waikiki area to the luau grounds. The host and driver makes it entertaining. As you enter the luau, you will be given a lei and drink tickets. Go grab a cocktail and seat to watch the sunset show. A dinner buffet follows, be sure you pile your plate cause there might not be 2nds as the food goes fast. Entertainment consists of hula dancing, fire dance, story telling, and audience participation too.

Jennifer
    4 Jan 09, 2013

I went to a luau in Hawaii and all I got was a bunch of mosquito bites (well that and a Germaine’s Luau souvenir glass)! Yes Germaine's Luau is a place where tourists flock to, but it's a nice experience especially if it's your first time in Hawaii. I was fortunate to go in a tour group, so they picked us up from our hotel and handed us our meal and drink tickets.

Upon your arrival, you get lei'd with shells and have a photo taken; which you can choose to purchase on your way out. You have a choice of dining on a picnic table or on the floor. You'll be walking on sand, so be sure to wear sensible shoes or flip flops.

If you purchase a souvenir glass, they give you a larger amount of alcohol because more fits in that glass. The buffet had a large selection of traditional and American dishes. Some of the traditional selections includes: roasted pig (they make a whole show of how it takes hours to cook it under hot coals), chicken long rice (which is actually glass noodles), poi (traditional side dish, stone ground taro), lomi lomi salmon (prepared with diced tomato and Maui onion), haupia (coconut jello), etc. Everything is pretty tasty, or at least worth trying and not being disappointed.

The entertainment ranged from dances from all over Polynesia, it was pretty neat to see the colorful and intricate costumes. Of course there was audience participation where ladies learned how to hula, and other silly things for family entertainment!

Come with an appetite, willingness to learn some new moves, and with bug repellent! Reservations are needed!

Nicole Gauvin
    1 Oct 10, 2012

After reading some other online reviews, I was sure to put on insect repellent before getting on the bus.

Our "escort" cousin Kale was so annoying, everything that came out of his mouth was a cliche and it just felt like he was trying to hard to convince us that we were going to party hard - think used car salesman.

The show itself was SO CHEESY and the MC made it sound like we were at a beauty pageant or TV game show. The female dancers were beautiful and the men had some awesome tattoos but the songs they had to dance to made me cringe - felt so bad for them! The audience participation was so contrived and completely unnecessary (mostly just a time filler).

The food was okay. I like the chicken and the pork. The coconut dessert was good. Bought a tiki cup for $10 from the gift shop and used my drink tickets to get two big drinks, the red lava and a pina colada with banana rum. They were tasty and pretty strong - a third would have been too much for me!

Not worth it.

Ben

Germaine's Luau is easily the best luau on Oahu, and were they more centrally located in Waikiki, you wouldn't need me to tell you that. Unlike many other luau performances run by the big hotels, Germaine's festivities have a much more authentic feel. This is likely thanks to their sole focus on providing this unique Hawaiian entertainment, whereas the hotels are juggling many different responsibilities. They can pick you up from your hotel in Waikiki and drop you back off when the night is done. The Kailua Pork served here is as authentic as it gets, and, combined with the overall presentation, is nothing short of fodder for lifelong memories.

ualfadawn

This is the luau to go to! Very interactive, great traditional entertainment, and real Kailua pork ceremony. I promise a fun time!A bus picks up in Waikaki.

Susie Moyer

A must see..show was great!

Gevorg Gevorgyan
    4 Feb 26, 2012
    Saundra Cawvey
    3 Jun 27, 2012
    Ginny T
    4 Jan 20, 2014
    Recommended for:Adventure TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture

1,822 people visited Germaine's Luau

Germaine's Luau is a highly respected provider of this uniquely Hawaiian ceremony that is constantly being recognized for their impressive services and customer satisfaction. What sets Germaine's Luau apart from the other luau providers is their exclusive focus on this single event. Though it's hard to find a bad luau, many of the other Luaus are run by the large hotels, and lack some of the ... read more
attention to detail and authentic feel enjoyed at Germaine's. Of course the food here is all-you-can-eat, and with shuttle buses from most Waikiki hotels, it's hard to find a reason not to make this your Hawaiian luau provider.

Barbers Point Beach Park