- W Hotel Hollywood6250 Hollywood Boulevard, Hollywood, California 90028recommended W Hotel HollywoodRight in the middle of the buzzing revitalized Hollywood, this trendy chain hotel is a cool mod respite for just about everybody: biz travelers, families, younger couples, etc. Valet parking is a ... read morebreeze and you've got restaurants and shops practically right outside your door at the Hollywood & Highland complex, where the Kodak Theatre is (and also where the Babylon Court frames postcard views of the Hollywood sign on sunny, cloudless days).
commented on this trip
What do you like to do for fun when you travel? There are plenty of touristy areas, so there are tons of recommendations...Gardens and museums in Pasadena. Beach, shopping and people watching in Santa Monica (and you can take a bus to Malibu). Great food and shopping and night life in West Hollywood...
I'm an LA native and I get around by bus, so tell me what you're into!
- Farmer's Daughter Hotel115 S. Fairfax Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90036recommended Farmer's Daughter Hotel*I haven't stayed at this hotel, but I've been inside, and like the area. I had to rate it i order to recommend it*Alaia Williams
I've never stayed at this hotel, but is in a nice area, right across the street from Farmer's Market and the The Grove. There are many shops and cafes lining nearby 3rd Street. And the Beverly Center mall, Century City Mall, and West Hollywood area easily accessible by bus. Also, LACMA (Los Angeles County Museum of Art) is about a 15 minute walk (or 5 minute bus ride if its super hot) away. This hotel is also a bus ride away from Hollywood, without actually staying IN Hollywood.
- Loews Hollywood Hotel1755 North Highland Avenue, Hollywood, CArecommended Loews Hollywood HotelThis is a fabulous location in Hollywood. Close to all the major sites on Hollywood/Highland but set back far enough to not be noisy. The rooms are super comfy and modern. Insider Tip: Go to the 4th ... read morelevel bridge that joins the mall to the hotel for the best unobstructed view of the Hollywood Sign.Kat Von B (Travelinggreek)
Take the underground metro (red line) to Hollywood/Highland stop and this is one block away. Really great location, safe, lots of places to eat in the area and not too expensive. From there you can take the metro to downtown, and Universal Studios.
- Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel7000 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood, Los Angeles, CArecommended Hollywood Roosevelt HotelThe Roosevelt is a Hollywood institution, and a great choice if you want to get a taste of Hollywood nightlife. Going out in Hollywood can vary widely - from total dive bars to total over-the-top ... read morescenes. The Roosevelt is more along the lines of the latter - but without the ridiculous line or hassle of "being on the list." Hang out by the poolside bar for a more casual feel with great ambiance. Also - the burger place in the hotel "25 Degrees" is great. The hotel rooms are exactly what you would expect - modern and chic, almost too-cool-for-school. The views of Hollywood Blvd. are awesome, though, and you can't beat the location - right across the street from the Hollywood & Highland shopping center, which is where the Kodak Theatre is (where the Oscars are held).Traci
Close to the Hollywood and Highland center (where the Oscars are filmed every year), there is also an underground transit station nearby, but just be warned that public transportation in LA is not that reliable and may take you a while, so plan ahead!
- Beverly Center8500 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048-3304
- ChinatownNorth Main Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012
- The Grove189 The Grove Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90036-6221
- Farmers Market6333 West 3rd Street #175g, Los Angeles, CA, United States
- Griffith Observatory2800 East Observatory Road, Los Angeles, CA 90027-1255
- The Getty Center1200 Getty Center Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90049-1666