Giordano's Pizza

730 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL

Daniel Mason-D'Croz
    5 Nov 12, 2013

One of Chicago's most famous and best pizzerias. If you haven't ever tried a true Chicago deep dish, then you absolutely must stop off for a filling dinner at Giordano's

Recommended for:FoodiesLocal Culture
    Gogobot Editors' Choice
    5 Feb 03, 2014

If you are going to try Chicago's famed deep-dish pizza, you might as well go all in and try Giordano's stuffed version. The recipe comes from the founder's old family recipe for a double-crust pie stuffed with ricotta.

Ericayvette
    4 Jun 25, 2014

The wait here on a Saturday afternoon was ridiculous I think it was an hour and a half. Since our hotel was right around the block we decided to order a pizza to go. They told us to come back in an hour and our Chicago style deep dish should be ready! It was delicious filled with sausage, mushrooms green peppers and onions. Oh quick tip they also ship to your house!

Andrea Kristine
    4 Jun 13, 2014

Giordano's had exactly what I was hoping for in a truly authentic Chicago deep dish pizza. Fantastic thick melted cheese with a flaky buttery crust. I can vouch that even the leftovers were fantastic. I ordered the deep dish super veggie! Very delicious, and they deliver! Word to the wise, delivery and dine in can take a while, but is worth it, so plan accordingly!

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureVegetarian
    Connie Pistilli
    4 Aug 10, 2013

The deep dish Chicago Classic is delicious! I prefer Giordano's over Lou Malnati's. A small is enough to feed 3-4 people, so if you get a medium or large, it's because you're either ravenous or want to eat pizza for days. If you don't have time to wait an hour for your pizza, get a half-baked frozen pie to go. We took some back on a 4 hour plane ride and it tasted yummy out of the oven.

Nomadic by Nature
    4 Sep 18, 2012

Super delicious Chicago deep dish. Not cheap, and not light cuisine, but it is worth the indulgence.

Joseph Coureur
    4 Sep 04, 2012

Giordano's has a great pizza without the claustrophia or busyness of Uno or Gino's.

Jenny Weiss
    4 Oct 20, 2013

Giordano's is one of the best authentic Chicago deep-dish pizza places in the city. Their pizzas are loaded with cheese, and all the toppings are buried in its layers instead of on top. I can only eat about 1.5 slices before I get really full, but those 1.5 slices are pretty heavenly. The only downside is that you have to plan to sit there for a while; it takes about 45 minutes for one of their deep-dish pizzas to come out.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
    Sara Benson
    4 Oct 19, 2013

I grew up in Chicago eating deep-dish pizza. I've tried every major pizza maker's goods in town, and Giordano's is always in my top two. The Rush St. location is my favorite, with graffitied booths, tables and walls. Just be prepared for the 45-minute wait for your pizza to be baked and delivered to your table.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesStudents
    Karen Le
    4 Jan 14, 2014

3.5 stars...

You see this place everywhere in Chicago and you've heard about deep dish stuffed crust so one must really try this place out. I had high expectations for this place since I've never had anything like it before. I wasn't too impressed with the place though. Don't get me wrong it's good, but I'm not crazy about it. It's tasty, oozing with tons of cheese and lots of toppings, but one slice is too much to eat and after some time, the cheese gets a little tiring. It's a must try if you're from out of town like me, but not something I can eat everyday.

Tyler Piontkowski

Me personal favorite of all the deep dish pizza I ate while in Chicago. We went to the one located right off the Magnificent Mile. It was not only delicious but just a great atmosphere as well.

Fatima Fidan
    5 Jan 16, 2014

Hands down, best Chicago pizza. (This is coming from a born and raised Chicagoan). Some might say it is Gino's East but the preference there lies in the crust. Gino's east has a cornbread crust so it is sweeter and I don't think "Sweet" belongs on pizza but this is up to you. Personally? Giordano's is my go-to the minute I get off the plane when I visit. You can always get them both and have a "taste off"!!! :-D

Lorrie M
    5 Nov 10, 2013

I have to say, I'm not even a pizza fan and this place has taken my taste buds by storm. Normally I don't eat pizza because I think it's too greasy, too cheesy, too much dough, too little dough, too crispy, too soft, not enough flavor, or bad tomato sauce amongst the hundreds of other excuses I have.

However, at Giordanos, you just order, wait 30-35 minutes and hope for the best. I knew I had to try it because it was a Chicago landmark almost and you can't visit a city without trying what it's famous for. I'm glad now reading Veronica's review that I did not go to Lou Malnati's since I was about to visit there.

Needless to say, I fell in love with pizza at Giordanos. Nowhere else have I tasted such a flavorful, melty, cheesy pizza full of smokey meats and sausages. The sauce was amazing and that's the only word I can find for it because no other word suffices. It was absolutely delicious and I still dream about that stuffed Chicago pizza til today.

This place gets extremely packed so reservations are recommended as they do take them or get to-go as it takes about 35 minutes each pizza.

Suganthi Jeganathan

Amazing...I still think about this deep dish pizza and have yet to find another like it! Unbelievable crust...nothing like it!

Bernard Moon

Lou's or Giordano's? Tough call. I love Giordano's stuffed pizza better than standard pan pizzas from Gino's. Well, I love pan pizza too... and thin crust too. Ok, I love pizza period, but Giordano's is my favorite of the thick, tasty style pizzas.

Kimberly Reese
    5 Feb 09, 2014

I love the deep dish pizza and I get the thin pizza so I will not have to cook for a week

Hugo Escribano
    4 Jan 09, 2014

Very tasty! But be careful with the size or you will have to take the half away!
    You must go!

elena bobadilla
    4 Mar 27, 2013

excelentes pero el tamaƱo es gigantes ;)

Roger Iu
    4 Oct 03, 2012

Life changing Chicago Style Deep Dish... wow.... That was one amazing pie!

Van Le