Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

730 North Rush Street, Chicago, IL 60611
Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush  Chicago

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush AmbassadorPro 2014

If you are visiting Chicago for vacation or just a weekend getaway, I highly recommend that you try "Chicago" deep dish pizza at least once during the visit. I haven't been to many pizzerias in Chicago, but Giordano's Pizzeria serves excellent deep dish pizza. The wait for a seat during lunch and dinner is proof of the restaurant's popularity and quality. Plan to wait at least 30 minutes to an hour for a seat, but the wait is worth it.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFoodiesStudents
  • Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

If you are visiting Chicago you HAVE to have Giordano's. It's all about the flaky, buttery crust and size of the slices at this place! You are not going regret the authentic Chicago deep dish with any toppings from here.

Recommended for:Business TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureVegetarian
  • Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush Pro 2014

I'm from Chicago, but since I live in California now, deep-dish pizza is what I really crave when I go home. Honestly, after thin-crust exile on the West Coast, I'll take anything -- Eduardo's, Gino's East, give me whatever stuffed pies you've got. But when I bring out-of-towners downtown for sightseeing, we usually end up for lunch here at this classic Chicago pizza parlor, where the sausage in your pizza constitutes its own thick layer of meaty goodness.

Recommended for:Budget TravelersFamily TravelersFoodiesStudents
  • Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

The stuffed pizza at Giordano's is really yummy, but not the best Chicago style pizza I've ever had. The restaurant was still packed at 10pm at night - they serve until midnight, so it's a great option if you're looking for some late night eats.

If you have a huge appetite, you can polish off an entire personal pizza on your own - perhaps event a small sized pizzed, which comes with 6 slices. However, if you can only handle one slice (which is already heavy), share a personal pizza with a friend.

Add a pitcher of beer, and you're set!

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

My favorite spot for stuffed pizza in Chicago! The wait is horrendous if your want to dine-in, so I recommend ordering delivery if you can.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

OMG their pizza is to die for! All I could think about when I got home was getting myself more of that pizza. Found some alternatives but nothing beats Giordano's. I love that pizza pie!

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush Pro 2014

My second favorite Chicago deep dish pizza. There's plenty else to order here too, and makes a good pre-opera dinner.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

This is always the first restaurant we hit right after we check into our hotel. It takes a while for your pizza to be made but this amazing pie is worth the wait.

Don't let your eye get bigger than your stomach. One slice of Giordano's pizza is the same as two non-deep dish slices.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

The concierge at the Drake directed us here for good Chicago pizza. This was the first authentic Chicago pizza we tasted on our vacation and we were not disappointed.

It's thick deep dish style. We ordered personal size pizzas and a garlic bread appetizer although the pizza would've been enough. We left the restaurant absolutely stuffed.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

Having grown up Chicago, I was accustomed to eating Chicago style crust (think 2 inch pizza layered with mozzarella and whatever delicious goodies you decide to include in your pizza). But I never really remembered it being as good as the last time I visited Chicago. I was really blown away. You can argue all day about the nuances if and distinct flavors / differences between New York style and Chicago style pizza. But regardless of your affinity, you will be delighted by the flavors you will find here at Giordano's as well as the experience of having pizza in downtown Chicago, the way its supposed to be enjoyed. There might be other places to have pizza, but this is a great one if you are in downtown and want to try some really good food.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

As you walk into Giordando's you think you know what is about to happen to your mouth but, as humans have yet to quantify the experience, you are genetically disadvantaged and posses no idea.

I applaud your attempt to apply any worldly experience you may have acquired throughout your life to make sense of the food coma you are about to enter.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

The pizza is out-of-this-world amazing! I would highly recommend any deep-dish pizza, even the spinach deep dish though it has barely has any spinach in it. The crust is a flakey delicious masterpiece and this deep-dish experience is unforgettable.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

The bartender is great, and I really liked my stuffed pie, but it was a bit too much of a heart attack on crust for me. While awaiting my pie, another traveler at the bar let me have a piece of his thin crust pizza which was piled high with fixings. I actually like Giordano's thin crust better. The stuffed pizza (for which they're famous) has just a bit too much cheese for me and the crust is heavier, more similar to pie crust than Sicilian crust. It was worth the wait to try it, but next time I'll go for the thin crust - shorter wait and more heart friendly.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

A little on the fence on Giordano compared to Lou's. Giordano is definitely more cheesier than Lou's, which I love, but the crust is a little bit too pastry flaky-like to me, which I don't. One piece was enough to get me full.

On the plus side, you can order a pizza to-go, half baked! Cool. For some reason, it tasted a lot better when I had it at home than at the actual restaurant... hmmm.. I will definitely have to give this Chicago-style pizzeria another go when I'm back. Good, friendly service too.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

I know this is part of a chain, but I really liked the pizza here. Wasn't expecting to, but really did.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

For some reason I prefer Giordano's to Lou Malnati's. I find this pizza to be a lot more flavorful and has a lot more cheese.

The wait at Giordano's, especially at this location, can be quite long. I would go in, get your name down, take a nice walk near the North Side of down, and return in 30 minutes. Giordano's is worth it =)

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

If you are visiting Chicago for the first time you must try Giordano's Chicago Deep Dish pizza! They are simply the best and better than many other "famous" places I've been. I feel Giordano's is the original and the line out the door is proof.

I recommend going at early lunch or late night but they also do take out so you can call in and not have to wait outside to eat. They also serve thin crust which is delicious but the deep dish is a must get.

• Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

I want to order delivery online, what the heck!

Recommended for:BackpackersFoodiesLocal CultureStudents
  • Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush

The wait is too long. The stuffed pizza is okay

1,432 people visited Giordano's Pizzeria on Rush