Gjelina Take Away
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 83%Luxury Travelers
- 68%Local Culture
- 51%Nightlife Lovers
Member Reviews (7)
- Gjelina Take AwayMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 14Nov 06, 2013
Loved everything about this place! I hated sitting in the cold alley but it was an interesting 'wtf?!'experience. The place isn't hard to find thanks to their artsy-graffiti exterior.
So sad that they were out of blossom squash(?), their most popular pizza. The guy who works their suggested the pomodoro crudo, which had garlic and basil instead of squash. The pizza was light and delicious with fresh ingredients. The tomatoes were juicy and sweet, which explains why the center of the pizza was soggy.
I can't wait to comeback and try their sandwich!
Service was great and the guy with pretty blue eyes who suggested the pizza was super friendly and social :)
- free parking in the residential area
- bring a jacket cuz u'll most likely sit outside on the bench... Or on a plastic basket
- they recommend coming in on Wednesday cuz that's when they get fresh ingredients from farmers market
- pizza is big enough to share unless you eat a lot
- get extra napkins
- Gjelina Take AwayMember ofArt & Design LoversLocal CultureOutdoor Enthusiasts+ 5First to ReviewAug 12, 2013
Gjelina's baby sister take out counter. The sandwiches are pretty pricey at around $12, but made with TLC. The brisket banh mi was packed with a flavorful punch. There are also delicious salads, pizzas and breakfast items to be had. Cool down with some housemade limeade.
- Gjelina Take AwayMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesDec 07, 2012
This is the take away version Gjelina and sits beside the restaurant. Basically, it's a bunch of amazing sandwiches, along with a changing collection of deli options. The set up is simple. There is a small space with a takeout counter and a little nook around the corner to get to work on your sandwich. I recommend the pork belly sandwich. Amazing!
- Gjelina Take AwayJul 14, 2012
This cafe offers the delectable fare of Gjelina, but without the wait. Grab a breakfast sandwich or yogurt and a Sightglass coffee in the AM, or a sandwich made with fresh ingredients for lunch. Gjelina Take Away is always packed with people, and their dogs waiting outside.