I have 1.5 days in Auckland. What are the must-dos? Any restaurants recommendations?
My list -
1) Check out the new Wynyard Quarter on the waterfront.
2) Britomart precinct for some great shops, food and bars
3) On a clear day take a bus out to Mission Bay, have an ice cream and soak up the harbour views
4) The Sky Tower is a standard however if you want the view without the price tag take a bus to the Mt Eden Volcanic Crater. This way you get the view with the Sky Tower in it
5) The Auckland Domain with the National War Museum is great plus near Newmarket and Parnell which are vibrant inner city neighbourhoods
6) If you want a restaurant to remember go to The Food Kitchen in the Viaduct, fresh Kiwi fare
I did one of the cruises of the bay to Rangitoto Island. Been waiting to see it in person since I was a kid after watching the tv series "Under The Mountain". Rangitoto it the volcano featured in the series as is Mt Eden.
The Occidental Restaurant along Vulcan Lane is a must if you enjoy Belgium beers and Mussels.