Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 98%Family Travelers
- 75%Local Culture
Member Reviews (7)Write a review
- GoKart RacerMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsFoodies+ 2Nov 06, 2013
GoKarting is not cheap but it is a lot of fun. GoKart Racer is one of the better venues in the Bay area. It is one of the thing that you got to try at least once.
Couple tips for first timers:
- The GoKart might look kinda tamed and slow but you can really feel the speed when you are actually driving. Prepare for some adrenaline rush.
- There is no reverse gear. If you get stuck you will have to wait for someone to help and get you moving again. You will lose a lot precious racing time when that happens so try to avoid collision if possible.
- It is no bummer car. Again, avoid collisions and contacts. It is not a dangerous activity but you could still get hurt if you are not careful.
- You will be sweating a lot in your helmet and jacket even during cooler weather. Dress light or bring a change of clothes. Also, closed toes shoes are required.
- No power steering on these babies so you will be working out your arms and chest muscles. You can also slide your body slightly to help you turn.
That is it. Enjoy and have fun!Recommended for:
- GoKart RacerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 2Jul 05, 2012
I recently went here with a few friends to celebrate a birthday. After you register and pay, you go to the locker room and you get to put on a racing suit. Then report to the designed room where they play a safety video for the do's and don'ts on the track. They make every precaution to make sure you follow the rules and stay safe on the track. After the 10 minute video, you grab a helmet and get on the track. The group that I drove with got to race on the SuperTrack, which lasts about 10-15 minutes. If you have a need for speed, this might be the place for you!