Gold Spike Hotel and Casino
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (3)
- Gold Spike Hotel and CasinoFirst to ReviewOct 20, 2013
We went to the Gold Spike for our first quick meal in Vegas. It was near our hotel and the only place we could find that was still serving food at that hour (I got in pretty late). It's a bit seedy, but the server was really funny and super chill.Recommended for:Budget Travelers
- Gold Spike Hotel and CasinoMar 19, 2013
So you find yourself in Las Vegas and you feel like you're being bludgeoned by the constant digital chatter flooding down the Strip. There's not much money in your pocket and, really, you'd rather check out the part of the city that's been sidelined. Why not go Downtown? The Gold Spike can be a reasonable stay if you check in early with a combo package - days could go for $25-$35. There are no frills here, the lobby feels like a local hangout, not a bad place to dwell with a beer while overhearing stories. The rooms are nothing special but they're clean. It's close to Fremont. Nothing memorable here, but it's functional.
Poor684 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for budget travelers.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 90%.
- Hotel89% thought it was clean.
- Food87% were happy with the price.
- LocationCity centre within easy reach, said 85%.
- GroundsPleasant grounds. 73% of guests mentioned it positively.
- Service51% indicated the reception staff was not good.
Dining options at Gold Spike Hotel and Casino include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Guest parking is complimentary. Additional property amenities include a casino, multilingual staff, and self parking.
Bathrooms feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Televisions are available in guestrooms. Air conditioned rooms also include electronic/magnetic keys and clock radios. Housekeeping is available.
Notifications and Fees:
The following mandatory hotel imposed fees are charged and collected by the hotel either at check in or check out.
- Resort fee: US$ 7.95 per room, per day
- Use of pool
- Use of fitness center or health club
- Internet access
- Self parking
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check in, or check out.
- Deposit: US$ 100 per stay
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.