GOOD STUFF EATERY

303 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC, United States

Spiritual Seekers
    Spiritual Seekers

Burgers are really good! I didn't like the fries that much. However, they have a selection of flavored mayo, and they are all very tasty. Try them all'

• GOOD STUFF EATERY

Good Stuff Eatery is a family burger joint, but it is known as Spike Mendolsohn's place. Spike was a contestant on Top Chef and is another D.C. food star. The original location in Capitol Hill is always busy and worthy of the wait.

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture
  • GOOD STUFF EATERY

When you’re craving juicy burgers, handcut fries
    and handspun shakes, make sure to head over to Good Stuff Eatery. I
    opened up this restaurant with my family and everything on the menu
    reflects that. From my brother-in-law Cliff's Vidalia Onion Petals to
    my Uncle's chili recipe, the food is filled with love. Swing by and
    check out our mayo bar, where you can try a mango mayonnaise, Chipotle
    mayonnaise, Old Bay mayonnaise and, my personal favorite, the Sriracha
    mayonnaise. I wholeheartedly believe that this is one of the best
    restaurants in the world, not that I have a bias or anything.

• GOOD STUFF EATERY

Good burgers if you like greasy and great milkshake. Its a very popular place for locals.. Owner was Top Chef-- Spike Mendelsohn !
    Long line :( but only for 20 minutes or less)

• GOOD STUFF EATERYPro 2014

So while in DC visiting a friend, I made mention that I wanted to stop by Spike Mendelson's burger joint just to try the toasted Marshmallow shake alone. Well, when it came time to even think about going to the eateries on my list, I couldn't remember any of them and I couldn't find the email, so I said oh well.

Well, low and behold, we randomly stumble into this restaurant for lunch. We were near the Capitol building and the Library of Congress and needed to get lunch. Nevermind that it was steamy raining (thank you 100+ degrees + humidity and thunder storms) we followed all the office people down this street to try and find a lunch place. burgers, sure why not. As soon as I walked in, I knew. What else than a gigantic picture of the toasted marshmallow milkshake on the menu.

I got myself a regular burger and the sweet onion petals. The burger was decent. I can see that it was fresh ground beef and other ingredients. Is it the best burger I had? no. I've definitely have had better.... but the petals were quite yummy.

I like that there are options for mayos to put on your burger.

Afterwards I went back for a shake. found out you can get a kids size shake in any flavor that they do. Obviously - I had to get the toasted marshmallow one. I was a bit disappointed that it didn't really taste like marshmallows, but it was a good thick shake. I would totally try Milky Way Malt. That just looked crazy good.

The line wasn't crazy, granted we were there towards the end part of lunch, but not too late. It was still lunch time during the week during the summer. The people working were great

There isn't a ton of seating, this is downtown DC afterall. There are a few barstools on the main floor, with most of the seating upstairs. We were quite lucky in finding plenty of seating.

• GOOD STUFF EATERYPro 2014

Good burgers! Tasty milkshakes. I really like the different flavored mayos to dip your fries in.

• GOOD STUFF EATERY

Burgers made to order, fresh fries, and a top notch menu of real shakes. If that is what you are hankering for, it is one of the best places you will find. Close to Capitol Building and Library of Congress. Don't be afraid of a long line, as it moves pretty quick. It is fairly popular, so have someone look for a seat while others order.

really good burger. Fun too

Recommended for:BackpackersFamily TravelersFoodiesLocal Culture

Cathy and Spike Mendelsohn's tribute to classic American food like hamburgers, fries, and ice cream, all created from the highest quality ingredients. They use sustainable business practices

1,235 people visited GOOD STUFF EATERY