Gorgeous designer home within WALKING distance to 8 wineries! This is the spot!

Kenwood, CA, US

• Gorgeous designer home within WALKING distance to 8 wineries! This is the spot!
    Jean Connell
    5 Jun 08, 2014

If you're looking for a getaway that will meet your expectations, this is not it....it will EXCEED them in every way! All the ladies in our family came here for a long weekend to eat, drink, and make many merry memories. We never wanted to leave. Highest praise goes to the owner, Bridget Henry, who makes it her business to anticipate every conceivable preference of her guests. There's a gourmet-stocked kitchen and wood-fired pizza oven for those who relish cooking; or Bridget is personally acquainted with a chef-for-hire should you wish to relish your wine and leave the cooking to someone else. There's a pool table and bocce ball court for those activity-minded among you; or Bridget can recommend a fabulous masseuse-for-hire for those who want to relax and be pampered--we availed ourselves of both! Many wineries are within an easy walk, or you can hop in the car and drive to other night-life spots if you prefer. If you're new to the whole Sonoma wine valley experience, as were we, Bridget is an excellent travel guide and can recommend wineries and food-pairing events for you. It was like having your own private concierge in addition to the luxurious accommodations! Your only disappointment will be the moment you have to depart.......

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLocal CultureLuxury Travelers
    Lee Lee
    5 Jun 03, 2014

The few times I've visited Hacienda Sonoma it continues to move me. Never casual, the choice of place is the choice of something I crave.

Meandering from San Francisco to Kenwood through the vineyards soaking up the sunshine while listening to my favorite music sets the stage for my arrival at a very magical place.

Hacienda Sonoma - any arbitrary turning along the way and I would be elsewhere; it would be different. Spending the afternoon in the deck chair, savoring my decadent red wine along with the pizza I baked using the authentic Italian pizza oven, I try to describe to my notebook the colors of the vineyard and sky. How to translate sunlight into words? Outrageous lavender swaggers in the breeze filling the air with the aroma of bliss.

At night the sky is pitch dark while the stars are brilliant, it's as if you can scoop a handful right out of the sky. While the aroma of lavender seeps into every open window.

I ask myself, does it get any better than this? I think not.

Recommended for:Art & Design LoversFoodiesLuxury TravelersTrendsters
    Sue Oliker
    5 Jun 03, 2014

Loved our stay there! Lovely, warm, inviting luxury home that catered to our every comfort. The owners are a joy to work with. Highly recommended!

Recommended for:Family TravelersFoodiesLuxury TravelersOutdoor Enthusiasts

Guest Reviews from Homeaway (3)

robyn r.
    5 Submitted: Mar 28, 2014  |  Stayed: Mar 14, 2014
    LOVE THIS HOUSE!!!!!
    My 5 girlfriends and I rented this home for a girls wine tasting weekend getaway! It was perfect!! The home is decorated so beautifully, not one detail was overlooked!! I loved that each bedroom had a king bed and its own bathroom!! Made for a... ...read more
    kelley m.
    5 Submitted: Mar 13, 2014  |  Stayed: Jan 31, 2014
    Gorgeous vacation home
    My husband and I spent a week to celebrate our 8th anniversary. We have rented many homes in Sonoma County and this did not disappoint. The location was very convenient with many wineries close by. I highly suggest bwise tasting room. The wine... ...read more
    philip w.
    5 Submitted: Mar 13, 2014  |  Stayed: Jan 02, 2014
    What a place!
    This gem of a home is tucked away down a side street in Kenwood. Seemed odd at first but easy to find. I would have loved to see it with everything in bloom; however, in the thick of winter it was warm and inviting. Close to everything we wante... ...read more

• Pricing
  • Accommodations
  • Sleeps:
  • Bedrooms:
  • Full Baths:

One of the few vacation rental properties within walking distance to so many wineries! Hacienda Sonoma was custom built in 2008 -- professionally designed and beautifully decorated, every detail has been thoughtfully considered with wonderful wee...

Read more about this property at: www.homeaway.com

VJB Vineyards-Cellars Tasting
VJB Vineyards-Cellars Tasting
Kenwood Farms & Gardens
Kenwood Farms & Gardens
View all Things to Do Near Gorgeous designer home within WALKING distance to 8 wineries! This is the spot!

Cafe Citti
Cafe Citti
Mayo Family Winery Reserve Room
Mayo Family Winery Reserve Room
Kenwood Restaurant & Bar
Kenwood Restaurant & Bar
View all Restaurants Near Gorgeous designer home within WALKING distance to 8 wineries! This is the spot!