Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 98%Adventure Travelers
- 74%Luxury Travelers
Member Reviews (2)
- Governor's CampMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersBusiness Travelers+ 4Jan 05, 2014
One of the only lodging options in the National Reserve, meaning your safaris can start a little earlier, and end a little later than those staying in adjacent areas. There are an array of permanent tented camps along the river emulating the old safari type lodging of the colonial past. The tents are quite luxurious with plumping, streaming hot showers, and big comfortable beds.
The site is not fenced, so Masai guards are constantly monitoring hippos and buffalo that might meander through the camp. We saw a hippo sprint (pretty impressive) right between two tents which really made us feel like we were out in the bush. It is great, if you are after that kind of experience.
There is a great bar overlooking the river, and the food was delicious at every meal. I wonderful place to stay in the Mara on the high-end luxury side of things. One of the best things about staying here is that they still attract some of the best guides in the region, so you have the highest chances of seeing all the wildlife you can to experience.
- Governor's CampMember ofOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget TravelersFoodies+ 1First to ReviewOct 19, 2013
I took the hot air balloon ride out of Governor's Camp and it was nothing short of spectacular. The fact that the great migration was happening at the time certainly contributed to that. After soaring over the northern section of the Serengeti Plains, you touch down for a champagne brunch and a game drive back to camp. Pretty memorable.
Excellent!11 reviews across the web.
- Room100% were happy with the bathroom.
- FoodFood is to die for. 100% of the guests loved it.
- HotelExcellent hotel. Highly appreciated by 100% of guests.
- Service100% found the staff to be very friendly.
- AmbianceAmbiance is ok. Only 67% of guests had positive things to say about it.