Grand Oasis Cancun
Member Reviews (5)
- Grand Oasis CancunJun 21, 2013
I will always associate the Oasis Hotels & Resorts with the threat “Do you ever want to see your families again?”
Imagine going on vacation and returning to your room after a day at the pool to find a small crack in your door had grown to the point your door is now in splinters. Now imagine requesting a new room due to the broken door, being told that it was your fault it broke, that you owe $623 USD cash on the spot or you will go to jail, and the manager’s response [manager for Oasis Cancun] to any rebuttal being “you are lying to me”. Now imagine another manager [also a manager for Oasis Cancun], accompanied by police officers, asking your party the questions “Do you have families? Do you ever want to see them again?” even after paying the $623 USD in cash, leaving your party with barely enough cash left to pay for a taxi to the airport. This happened to us. For the rest of our stay, the resort assigned security guards to follow us around and even forced us to sign a contract stating we would not disturb any other guests. This instilled the fear for the duration of our stay that if we were simply eating dinner and accidentally bumped into someone, who might subsequently drop a drink, we would be arrested on the spot. This incident essentially turned the resort into an ocean-front prison for the remaining duration our stay, causing us to count down the hours until our departure from our room.
In addition to this horrific experience, the entire resort was falling apart, the pool was disgustingly dirty, and even the local bus drivers were more polite than the employees.
I strongly recommend you avoid Oasis Hotels & Resorts like your life depends on it-because it does.
Poor662 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good hotel for travelers who want to party.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance87% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location83% liked the proximity to shopping.
- GroundsPool was lovely, according to 80%.
- BeachBeach sports facilities are great, according to 75%.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 59% of guests gave positive feedback.
- Hotel55% thought the cleanliness of the hotel was average.