Great John Street Hotel
Member Reviews (1)
- Great John Street HotelFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
I was here for a staff Christmas party a couple of years ago, and the place is simply stunning: amazing decor and layout, beautiful dining spaces and luscious rooms. The food was outstanding, and the staff were incredibly patient and tolerant of our party. I use the word 'tolerant' because our company had booked the entire hotel out, and our Christmas parties were legendary for their raucous and scandalous behaviour. This party was no exception, with rooftop garden nudity and all manner of jacuzzi misbehaviour (we were asked not take drinks & cigarettes in/go in clothed/go in unclothed/dunk each other under the water etc), and yet the staff were courteous, patient and polite, in spite of our consistent and flagrant flaunting of the jacuzzi rules and irritating drunken behaviour. The beds were incredibly comfortable, and the wet-room style showers were an absolute treat. It could certainly be cheaper, both in terms of food & drink prices and room costs, but then again this isn't the holiday inn, and if you have the money to pay for a room (and preferably dinner as well) then I cannot recommend it enough.
Excellent!143 reviews across the web.
- Guests think this is a good boutique hotel.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Ambiance97% enjoyed the friendly atmosphere.
- Location96% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Service90% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel BuildingVery nice building. 86% of the guests liked it.
- Food78% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
- Hotel71% considered it to be very well-maintained.