Things to do in Greater San Diego

2,038 Results

Old Town Trolley

We had carefully made a list of the key places we thought we might enjoy and embarked on an energetic tour of the entire San Diego Bay area. We hitched a ride with Old Town Trolley Tours and they took us on an entertaining, informative excursion that kept us smiling and in awe of the breathtaking beauty. On the day ...

Popular withFamiliesLocalHistory

San Diego Natural History Museum

there are lots if bones in this wonderful museum. bones are cool because they are in people. they are also in dinosaurs, which is awesome.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryStudents

Ocean Beach

Just south of the Ocean Beach pier is a fantastic stretch of tide pools. An accessible dry reef provides easy access for families who wish to check out of these unique salt-water habitats for marine life. The best time to view the tide pools is during a mid to low tide.

Popular withLocalBackpackersFamilies

Sunset Cliffs

This is a great place in San Diego to sit and watch the sunset, as you can imagine from the name. It is a short walk/drive from the heart of Ocean Beach, and it is well worth the visit.

Popular withLocalOutdoorAdventure

Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography

This is a rather small aquarium, but we all enjoyed ourselves. I love supporting this place rather than Sea World..but that's me. The interactive activities they have there are great for kids of all ages. Little ones will be mesmerized in the large kelp aquarium. This is also a GREAT place to hold special events!

Popular withFamiliesStudentsAdventure

Del Mar Racetrack

Total Fav!!! Can not wait for opening day! Great place to take visitors Gift shop has cute items Food great - go up & eat on the patio overlooking the paddock - if it looks full just put your name in & wait - goes fast ! Good luck!!!

Popular withLocalOutdoorFamilies

Little Italy Farmer's Market

This is an amazing Farmer's Market to visit! It's located in gorgeous Little Italy, a short drive from downtown or walk to the bay front. There are a number of food vendors but you're also surrounded by wonderful restaurants. Parking can be tough but be patient! I love the feel of this farmer's market, everyone is so pleasant and the ...

Popular withFoodiesLocalVegetarian

Reuben H Fleet Science Center & Space Theater

Ruben H,Fleet Science Center 1875 EL Prado,San Diego, Giant screen IMAX theater and Space theater, and Museum. Admission around $10.00 619-238-1233 www.rhfleet.org

Popular withFamiliesStudentsHistory

San Diego Padres

I don't like baseball (I know, I'm so un-American), so I really only pledge my loyalty to the Padres out of hometown bias. But I have been to two live games at Petco Park and I have to admit, the atmosphere is so energetic and infectious - especially when we play our arch enemies: the LA Dodgers. ;)

Popular withFamiliesLocalBudget

Star of India

An excellent sightseeing adventure for history buffs. Located on the San Diego Bay within easy walking distance to the cruise ship harbor, USS Midway and Seaport Village.

Popular withFamiliesHistoryLocal

Belmont Park

The park is fun for kids with the carnival rides and games including the Wave House, and for adults/teens it's an area where there are always a lot of people. There are a couple of bars/restaurants and a great beach boardwalk to walk/skate/bike/people watch.

Popular withFamiliesStudentsAdventure

Qualcomm Stadium

Come watch the Chargers in central MIssion Valley. Centrally located just 8 miles from the residence.

Popular withFamiliesLocalBudget

San Diego Museum of Art

Well, this is a world-class museum isn't it? I have seen paintings "in person" here that I thought I would only see in books. Even the building itself is worth seeing, as any art museum should be. I try to go every time I am in San Diego. There are also nice cafes, since it is in Balboa Park, and ...

Popular withDesignLocalFamilies

Pacific Beach

A must go while visiting San Diego area. Pacific Beach aka "PB" , is simply an ideal place to experience the SoCal lifestyle! Beach, nice people, sports, relax! The place has a great vibe, many cool shops and restaurants and you don't need to get a car to see it all! The sunset at the beach is priceless

Popular withFamiliesNightlifeOutdoor

Coronado Beach

This is a really great beach for children. Hardly any waves, a lot of sand ant not very crowded. It's a semi-long walk from the sidewalk near the street to the actual shore, it certainly makes it a unique beach! Lovely homes overlooking the water!

Popular withFamiliesOutdoorAdventure

Torrey Pines State Beach

BEAUTIFUL beach! If you can find parking along the street you don't have to pay either. There is also a really nice walk up to the reserve, which is followed perfectly by a dip in that crisp Pacific!

Popular withFamiliesLocalOutdoor

San Diego Air & Space Museum

do you like air? did you know you need it to breath...but you also need it to fly! learn all about it here. You even can go to space (vicariously).

Popular withFamiliesStudentsHistory

San Diego Comic Con International

I've gone for the past 6 years and 2014 was the only year I couldn't get Preview Night! /sadface The ultimate popculture event which should be experienced at least one by everyone (if you can get tickets) They give an earlier window for previous year's badgeholders to purchase the following year's tickets, so that's why my group will never (hopefully ...

Popular withLocalTrendstersDesign

Carlsbad Premium Outlets

We love the outlets!! Less than a 5 minute drive from the property (or 20 minute walk!)

Popular withFamiliesLuxuryBudget

Mission Bay Beach

I love walking around and seeing the children playing on the playground. Plenty of grassy areas to have a picnic, family party, BBQ, play a game of volleyball, fly kites, whatever your heart desires. Plenty of parking, access to bathrooms, and lovely views. Kids will love this area. Also, great if you want to park your RV by the beach!

Popular withOutdoorFamiliesBudget