Grey Fox Inn & Resort

990 Mountain Rd, Stowe, VT 05672

eeepap@msn.com
    1 Feb 26, 2013

I stayed at the Grey Fox Inn in Stowe Vermont for three nights with my wife and three children. The first morning I was woken up at 04:30 am by the room phone ringing. My wife missed the call and it rang again at 04:45 am. I picked up the phone and it was an automated wake up call. These calls woke my children and it took a long time for them to fall back asleep before a long day ahead. That morning I spoke with the front desk clerk and he advised me that the manger would be in touch with me soon. Two days later the manager never called me. I again went to the front desk and spoke with a different clerk who got in touch with the manager. James informed me that the Inn did not have an automated wake up call system. I informed him that I was not making this up and it did happen. I did not even ask for anything besides knowing how it happened. He told me that he would get back to me and never did. I checked out the next day and nothing was done about my situation. The first clerk and James the manger blew me off. The staff could care less about customer service and responsibility.
    There is an indoor pool but it depends on which building you are in. We were placed in a separate building and had to walk through the snow to get to the pool. The walkways and entrances were not shoveled any of the days we were there. The driveway was not plowed until the second day of walking through it to get to the pool. The entrance ways were snow packed and slippery from not being shoveled. The pool was barely warm and the room was cold. The pool bathrooms / showers were disgusting. They smelled and the floors were dirty. There were dirty clothes in the sinks and dirty towels on the floors.
    The room heat was also an issue. I had to place the thermostat on eighty degrees just to get the room to seventy.

Beat Monkey

If you’re not too concerned about your carbohydrate intake, the Dutch Pancake Café at Grey Fox Inn is not to be missed. Unique to the area, the café serves up 12-inch pancakes in more than 80 different varieties. These thin pancakes have ingredients baked into the batter – you can choose from sweet flavors such as cinnamon, apple or chocolate, or savory items including bacon, cheese or onion. Next door, the Inn’s pub room serves more commonplace American fare – burgers, salads, soups and dinners. Luckily, the Inn is situated very near Stowe’s impressive Recreational Path, so you can pleasantly burn off a few of those pancake calories.

MJB
    3 Jul 05, 2012

The Grey Fox Inn is kind of the Toyota Corolla of Stowe-area accommodations. It’s clean, efficient and does everything you need without costing too much. It’s not eye-catchingly fancy or stylish, but reliable. The Inn has nice basic en-suite rooms, a clean square swimming pool and a small but tidy workout area.

Good!157 reviews across the web.

100% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
    • Food
      95% found the breakfast to be wonderful.
    • Service
      94% found the staff to be very friendly.
    • Grounds
      Clean pool, said 88%.
      79% thought it was clean.
      Price is tolerable.
    Your travel dates:

802-253-8921

• Fitness Center
    • Free Parking
    • Family Rooms

Description:

Country resort blending contemporary mountain view rooms with balconies and cozy main inn facilities. Some rooms with fireplace and jacuzzi. Enjoy indoor pool center with heated pool, hot tub and sauna. Fitness center, entertainment room and pub. Central location one mile from the village. Minutes to skiing and backdoor cross country skiing and snowshoeing on the recreation path. Walk to restaurants and shopping. Romantic champagne packages, multi-day ski packages and family plans available.