Gyeongbokgung was originally built during Korea's Joseon dynasty, first meant to house King Taejo. The original was destroyed by the Japanese, but the palace and the grounds have been restored beautifully. Today, the palace sits just to the west of the lovely Seochon neighborhood, north of Insadong, and near the historical Bukchon neighborhood. It's proximity to these places, as well ...
Restaurants near Gyeongbokgung
- 612.9 mi671 Itaewon 2-dong, Yongsan-gu. Seoul. 140-8612.9 mi from Gyeongbokgung
This reasonably priced restaurant is a regular of mine as it boasts an impressive range of vegetarian options. Whatever curry you fancy, you can add tofu and vegetables to your hearts content. You can also request vegetarian stock and choose your own spice level. In addition, they have several veggie soup and noodle dishes. I’ve never been disappointed with any ...Popular with
- 621.31 mi199-4 Myeongdong, Seoul, South Korea1.31 mi from Gyeongbokgung
This lady has a tiny cart that serves some legit odeng (fish cakes), ddeokbokki (spicy rice cakes), boonguhbbang (fished shaped cakes filled with sweet red bean) and hoddeok (sweet sugar and cinnamon filled pancake).
- 633.23 mi34-65 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea3.23 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
This place serves up pizza and calzones made in a real brick oven. If you're looking for real, tasty, Western-style pizza, this is a great place to come, though it's a bit on the expensive side. You can also design your own pizza or calzone - I made a calzone with green peppers, ricotta, and feta. Delicious.
- 641.36 mi
- 654.49 miApgujeong-dong Doh San Intersection (or Doh San Sah Go Ri) (kitty corner from the BMW dealer)4.49 mi from Gyeongbokgung
This is one of my favorite Kal Gook Soo places, which is the flat, thick flour noodles in Korean cuisine. Their noodles are good, but what's better here is their steam beef flank and pork. Also their steamed Korean dumplings (man doo) is tasty. Everything here is clean and has very little spice besides the kimchee.
- 663.73 mi
- 673.25 mi124-6 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea3.25 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
No, it's not really authentic Mexican, but Los Amigo's is one of the better spots in Seoul to satisfy your craving for south of the border eats. The massive menu boasts all the typical fare you'd expect: quesadillas, fajitas, burritos, tacos, enchiladas, etc. The margaritas are especially delicious. Plus, the place is absolutely huge, making it a fabulous place for ...
- 683.29 mi127-1 Itaewon-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea3.29 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
Tasty, authentic Australian meat pies! I got the Southern Man (steak and cheese) pie and my boyfriend got the butter chicken one - both delicious! Reminded me of meat pies in New Zealand.
- 691.37 mi
- 701.41 miMyeong-dong, Seoul, 11 South Korea1.41 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
Freshly squeezed lemon juice and Korean cider in a plastic bag!
- 712.16 mi
- 723.23 mi112-4 Itaewon-dong, Seoul, South Korea3.23 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
I was surprised how to find how good the food was here! It was a nice welcome to have a taste of home (I'm from LA) in Korea. The staff were very nice and accommodating to my non-Korean speaking guests. The prices are affordable, too! Try their California burrito, shrimp quesadillas and churros!
- 731.84 mi241-76 Hongjedong, Seoul, South Korea1.84 mi from Gyeongbokgung
짜장떡볶이를 좋아하신다면! It's a unique ddeokboki, with black sauce. Spicy and sweet at the same time! The shop is decorated with 80s and 90s theme. Old comic books, toys, newspaper, action figures, and celebrity posters.Popular with
- 743.73 mi마포구 상수동 313-13.73 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
This tiny-hidden restaurant in Hongdae area is perfect for having a chill and quiet brunch on your weekend. Outdoor seats are available, but you need to be quick - they only have one table outside. They serve mainly all-day brunch menu and pasta with very reasonable price. The food is all home made - including the bread that derives this ...
- 751.88 mi
- 763.72 mi
- 772.99 mi
- 783.32 miHannam-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea3.32 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
Someone raved about Two Broz. to me. It's in Itaewon close to the Rocky Mountain Tavern. The burgers were good - I got one with a hash brown on it. They tasted like a fancier version of a McDonald's burger. Tasty, but not my favorite burger in Seoul.
- 791.32 mi66-6 Chungmuro 2(i)-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul, South Korea1.32 mi from Gyeongbokgung1 review
A huge hot-plate like "Pepper Lunch" Chicken Bulgogi!
- 801.92 mi573-1 Changsin-dong, Seoul, South Korea1.92 mi from Gyeongbokgung
둘둘 치킨 or Two Two Chicken is a chain fried chicken shop that you can find all throughout Seoul. Their original chicken is crispy and succulent and their marinated chicken is sweet an spicy. I recommend you to try both!