Hampton Inn & Suites
Member Reviews (1)Write a review
- Hampton Inn & SuitesMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 2First to Review
A brand new Hampton Inn & Suites, adding another Hilton hotel to the San Luis Obispo area.
I stayed here during it's second week of opening in June 2012. This was probably the best Hampton Inn I've been to. Everything from the carpet to the furniture appeared new, clean and undamaged. Even the hotel atmosphere smelled new, as if I were entering a new car.
My room included a comfy king-sized bed, the flat-screen TV, refrigerator, microwave and bathtub with a nice, pressurized shower head. In the morning, breakfast was self-served with ready-made hot oatmeal, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit salad, and gravy and biscuits. There was also a DIY waffle station and breakfast grab bags at the front desk for those on the go. This Hampton Inn also had a fitness room and an indoor pool, but I have no comments on the experience as I didn't have time to use those facilities.
One gripe that I had was that my room, being in the corner at the end of the hallway, was facing the freeway and I heard all the car traffic. I recommend requesting a room facing away from the freeway. Also, the Wi-Fi in the hotel did not reach my room, which may be because my room was in the far end.
In addition, if you were to look for food near the hotel, there is not much. I jumped in the car and drove a few exits north along 101 to downtown SLO for food.
Excellent!262 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Guests say it is the perfect hotel for a city trip.
- PriceExcellent value for money, said 100%.
- Location100% liked the proximity to shopping.
- Hotel Building98% said the facilities were very new.
- Wellness Areatop-notch fitness area, thought 88%.
- HotelHotel is great.
- GroundsBeautiful grounds.