Hana Japan Teppanyaki Steak House
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%History Buffs
- 98%Family Travelers
Member Reviews (1)
- Hana Japan Teppanyaki Steak HouseMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewSep 14, 2013
Gayle and I took her son and his girlfriend out to dinner at Hana Japan on his Birthday. He described it as Benihana, but cheaper and after our fun and tasty meal there, I would agree.
- Strange exterior architecture and an odd location in Berkeley Maria area. And this being Berkeley, the building is probably protected as being historically and architecturally significant. In other words, that's the way it is!
- The bathrooms could use some significant refurbishment work.
- The Birthday Boy was happy with his choice, we had a great time, and his meal was free.
- Gayle and I arrived early and enjoyed the Happy Hour offerings and the good Bar service.
- Friendly and funny Chefs. Ours and the associated staff treated us very well.
- Comfortable seating and a fun family-style environment, including the other 4 people gathered around the table.
- Decent food that was well prepared and priced.
- There's lots of parking and an OK obstructed view out to the water.
My son would like this place and I could see coming back. At the same time, there is other competition out there (e.g., Kobe Japan in Pleasant Hill) that I would like to try first before circling back here.