Hangar On the Wharf

2 Marine Way # 106, Juneau, AK

• Hangar On the Wharf
    Terry Gardner

2011 update: I ate at Hangar on the Wharf three times in June, and it remains my favorite place to eat for the price. I discovered another great restaurant in June (Zen at the Goldbelt Hotel) but you can stretch a dollar farther at lunch at Zen than you can at dinner. Rusty's prices range from $10-$30+ all day long, so you can get by on soup and rolls if your dollars start to run low.

2010 review: I actually really loved the Hangar when I ate there last year. The next night I tried the Twisted Shrimp (or something like that) down the street and didn't think the food was nearly as good. I've put the Hangar on my itinerary b/c I really liked it, and as I recall they had a wide selection of beers. Normally I'm a white wino (or a white squared wino - being a caucasian and favoring white wine), but somehow beer seemed more Alaskan. Although in Sitka I fell for for the Birch Vodka they make in Alaska. . . .

• Hangar On the Wharf
    Margaret Seelie
    3 Jul 04, 2012

Just a few blocks down from the tourist area is where the locals go for some great Alaskan fare and extensive beer selection. The Hangar On the Wharf also boasts an awesome waterfront view with outside seating where you can watch float planes arrive and depart.

119 people visited Hangar On the Wharf