Hatfield's

6703 Melrose Ave, Los Angeles, California

• Hatfield's

Chef's 7 course tasting menu for $98/per person (5 entrees, 2 desserts). DO IT!!!
    You are not told what will be on the tasting menu, but I recognize many of the dishes from the regular menu. My date and I each had a different dish for each course -- so it was really tasting 14 dishes, 15 when you count the amuse bouche of sweet and chivey dungeness crab!

We were seated in a booth near the wall which gave us a great view of the open kitchen. The booths were shaped like a half circle and accommodated 2 tables, I'm assuming the tables could be pushed together to accommodate larger parties of 4+. At first my date and I had the whole booth to ourselves but halfway through dinner, another couple sat in the adjacent table. I felt we lost some privacy because we were so close I could hear bits and pieces of the conversation across from us.

Parking:
    valet for $7
    there is street parking but make sure to read the signs

Pros:
    1 michelin starred restaurant
    private room available for larger parties

Cons:
    sometimes it took awhile for our next course to come out, perhaps 5 minutes

Overall the tasting menu was a fun and delicious 2-hour experience! As each course was brought to us, the waiter would describe the dish along with all the ingredients used to prepare it. If you are thinking of doing the tasting menu + drinks be prepared to drop at least $250.00 for two.

Recommended for:FoodiesLuxury Travelers
  • Hatfield's

5-stars all the way. Impeccable service, quiet setting, and great food for a decent price. The prix fixe menu was especially reasonable. I did love the appetisers and salads more than the entrees. The Croque Madame is truly amazing - a tad on the heavy side - but amazing. I would want to get that every time.

• Hatfield's

Got a chance to try out Hatfield's at the suggestion of VL-- A lot of what V L said is true. If anything there is that I want to emphasize... the next paragraph captures it well.

Tucked in between a large row of restaurants on Beverly Blvd, this place is almost like a hidden secret. The low key intimate atmosphere was exactly what K and I needed after a long week for the both of us. It was a great place for us to get away, enjoy a very well crafted dinner, share a bottle of wine, and enjoy some time together without the hustle and bustle of LA. Providing that right quiet ambiance was alone enough for me to mark this place as a destination I'd like to go back to again.

In terms of food-- you can read a ton of the highlights here. It was exceptionally-- I definitely recommend the Hangar Steak & Short Rib combo-- so succulent, tender, and tasty..

PS. This IS a small and intimate place-- so I wouldn't come here with a party larger than 4 or 5 at most..

LGBT

One of the consistently finest restaurants in Los Angeles, but even the best chefs can err with a new dish and I had a Daurade which was so smothered in onions it overwhelmed the taste of the fish. Disappointing.

425 people visited Hatfield's