Where are great places to meditate around Paris?
What are great cafes to sit down and read?
Trip Plan Details
- Café de Flore172 Boulevard Saint-Germain, 75006 Paris, France
- L'As Du Fallafel34 Rue des Rosiers, 75004 Paris, France
- Léon de Bruxelles63 Avenue des Champs Élysées, 75008 Paris, France
- Le Jules Verne 2e Etage de la Tour Eiffel, Paris 75007, France
- Les Deux Magots6 Place Saint-Germain des Pres, 75006 Paris, France
- Berthillon31 Rue Saint-Louis en-l’Île, 75004 Paris, France
recommended RouenRouen, France is a medium sized medieval city with cobblestone streets and half timbered houses. One place to enjoy a traditional French crepe meal is at the Creperie of St. Romain. Another great ... read moreplace to go to is the St. Marc Place market on Sundays. Smells of fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, cheese, sausage, and flowers drift through the air daily. After shopping for food, stop at a local bar in downtown Rouen called Le Son du Cor, 221, Rue Eau de Robec 76000 Rouen, to eat and enjoy a couple drinks. The bar has a relaxing atmosphere with outdoor seating and spacious booths and tables inside.Recommended for:
- Louvre Museum34 Quai du Louvre, Paris 75001 Francerecommended Louvre MuseumIt is really something! I tried to take in as much as I could but I'll have to go back again to explore more! What I was most impressed by was how each section of the museum is so beautifully and ... read moreexpertly designed. Each section of the museum has its own feel to it. So incredible!Yogic Traveler
Haha! Also very meditative. So many worlds to get lost in. It's easy to meditate surrounded by beauty!
- Jardin du LuxembourgBoulevard Saint-Michel, Paris 75006 Francerecommended Jardin du LuxembourgWow! Beautiful! I almost missed this amazing attraction in Paris and kind of stumbled upon it by accident. Definitely worth checking out!Yogic Traveler
- Banks of the SeineParis, Francerecommended Banks of the SeineAs soon as I arrived in Paris I headed straight towards the the famous river at it's center. Right through the center of the city it's a great place to walk along and take in the sites.Yogic Traveler
I found it very peaceful along the river, right in the middle of it all but somehow rather quiet.
- Chartres Cathedral16 cloitre Notre-Dame, Chartres, Francerecommended Chartres CathedralRecommended for:Anna Harris
Home to one of the last remaining medieval labyrinths, this cathedral also has some strong and very cheerful energy. It was built, and rebuilt, on the site of a pagan temple, so the area has been quite popular for soul-searchers for a very long time. While you're there, make sure to take the tour. There's a holy relic downstairs - the Virgin Mary's veil - and the tour is a kitchsy good time even for non-Christians like yours truly. The town itself is gorgeous, and easily accessible from Paris by train, and there are several great places to grab lunch near the church. I've traveled a bit, and it's probably my favorite day trip. Have fun!
- Au Grain de Folie24 Rue la Vieuville, 75018 Paris, Francerecommended Au Grain de FolieA bohemian hole in the wall serving delicious vegetarian food at totally acceptable prices. Although not a vegetarian myself, I enjoy eating sans la carne. I hate when vegetarianism becomes eating as ... read moreduty/self-righteous penance. Au Grain de Folie did a great job of making me feel treated, tempted, and satisfied, both physically and aesthetically.Julia P
In case you're also looking for veggie food (as it so often goes along with meditation!)
commented on this trip
Hey Helene! I haven't done loads in Paris, but here are a few that should be cool: http://www.meditation-paris.org/ or http://plumvillage.org/about/plum-village/. Plum Village has a group in Paris, related to Thich Nhat Han who is a real master.
- Catacombs of Paris1 Place Denfert-Rochereau, 75014 Paris, France
- Château de VersaillesVersailles, France
- Jardin des Tuileriesrue de Rivoli, Paris 75001 France
- Les HallesFrance
- Arc de TriomphePlace Charles-de-Gaulle-Étoile, Paris 75008 France
- Centre Georges Pompidou19 Rue Beaubourg, Paris, France
- Le Caveau des Oubliettes52 Rue Galande, 75005 Paris, France
- Palais de la DecouverteAvenue Franklin D. Roosevelt, Paris 75008 France
- Place de la BastillePlace de la Bastille, Paris 75004 France
- Quartier LatinCinquième et Sixième Arrondissement, Paris 75005 France
- Tour Montparnasse33 Avenue du Maine, Paris 75015 France
- Avenue des Champs-ÉlyseesAvenue des Champs-Elysees, Paris 75008 France
- Rue MouffetardRue Mouffetard, Paris 75005 France
- MontmarteParis, France
- Opera GarnierPlace de l'Opéra, 75002 Paris, France
- Notre Dame Cathedral6 Parvis Notre-Dame, Paris 75004 France
- Breizh Cafe109 Rue Vieille du Temple, 75003 Paris, France