Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 84%Nightlife Lovers
- 84%Luxury Travelers
- 57%Art & Design Lovers
- 51%Adventure Travelers
- 51%Budget Travelers
Member Reviews (8)
- Hemingway's LoungeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 14Jan 07, 2014
I got so excited when I stepped into this hidden gem in hollywood!!!! THANK GOD the long line we saw from across the street wasn't for Hemingway Lounge but the club next door. We walked right into the bar.
A group of us went on a Thursday night bar-hop-venture and this was our first stop. Wasn't expecting to step into a room covered with bookshelves and vintage type writer. It's been a while since I was wow'd by an interior because I usually know what to expect thanks to my addiction to yelp.
- Felt like i was in a classy vintage-y library, with lots of space to lounge with a big group of people on a weeknight.
- artsy displays of typewriters on the wall
- the first room you walk into seems like it's the smoking area
- i think we stood out because we were the only asian (plus Matt P. crowd) peeps
- def did not like that one drink with absinthe in it BLEH
- Garden of Eve was fruity and sweet, can't taste the alcohol
- the bartendar made something special and not on the menu for my sister, all I know is it had peach snapp and I WANT MORE OF IT.
- i think it was a mix of 90s and edm, sadly no one was dancing....except 2 drunkies from our group
- Hemingway's LoungeCommunity ManagerMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFoodies+ 4Oct 21, 2013
Really cute speakeasy looking lounge in hwood. The space is small and intimate with good Hollywood priced drinks - 16 each. After 11pm, they charge 100 a head to get in unless you Buya bottle!Recommended for:
- Hemingway's LoungeMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 4First to ReviewNov 17, 2012
There's something bizarrely elitist about drinking away to literary classics, as if any of the patrons here have actually read any or all of Hemingway's works. The cocktails inspired by his novels are creative, and the one I did try--Garden of Eden--was a deliciously light interpretation. Highly recommended.
The decor is adorably charming, floor to high ceilings lined with books and a wall of typewriters. It totally takes you on a journey to a different, classier time.
The Thursday night crowd was gorgeous, but not particularly diverse, if you know what I mean. Fetish for blondes? I'd say this would be heaven for you.
Important to note: even though they open from 6pm, don't expect dinner. This place is drinks only, just the way Hemingway the alcoholic would have wanted.
- Hemingway's LoungeFirst to ReviewJul 05, 2012
Sassy doorman, odd scene inside... has potential to be really cool with a really great decor, but it just misses the mark. And, I get that it's on Hollywood Blvd, but even for the area $16 cocktails are pricy... and they have a sad wine selection. Go to Wood + Vine instead.