Heu

3959 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90005

234 people visited Heu

Re becca
    4 Apr 12, 2014

Ive been seeing pictures of soju in a REAL fruit cup and been wanting to go, since we had some out of town people straight from Korea i figured this would be a perfect opportunity to take them to somewhere that is like home but still bring a bit of a wow factor!

The Restaurant itself is very dimly lit and once your seated the whole right side window is open so you get the fresh air ..and maybe a couple of cig smell!
    They serve food but we only ordered there apple soju and the pineapple soju!
    The cool thing about the two were that they come in real fruits so can taste the fruit rather than the artificial thing!

The apple soju came with an iced apple cut on top with a scoop shaved out to used as a shot glass! $20 each but i heard during certain time you might even get 50% discount and oh, parking in the back is free!

Charles Du
    4 Sep 03, 2012

This is one of my favorite lounges in K-town. The reason is their world-famous apple / pineapple soju. It is deadly delicious. One sip and you're in heaven. Not too sweet, not to strong (at least it doesn't taste that strong). Also includes a fine selection of barfood. Great place for a 1st date :)

mike
    5 Aug 09, 2012

There are tons of bars in the heart of k-town but this one is more on the outskirts. This alone makes it nice because it's not overcrowded and you get a lot of the locals that know what's up. The ambiance of this place is part Zen, part contemporary, and nothing tacky. Definitely go for happy hour, which is before 8 pm on weekdays. You can get tons of food and drinks and and merry all night long and only pay about $25 per person.

Fro
    • Local Culture
    5 Jul 17, 2012

A visit in Ktown LA is a must! Especially if you want the comfort of drinking soju! A trip to LA and with all the luck of my smartphone, I found this place as a go-to for their famous apple and pineapple soju. Finding out their 4 star rating, and all the raves, my SO and I enjoyed a fine evening here!

Lounge/Restaurant: They have outdoor and indoor seating. Comfy booths, button on the dark-wooden tables to call for a waiter/waitress "anju service", and the comfort of your surroundings with other customers enjoying a great time! One or two plasma TVs with sports footage or whatever channels offered, back drop of dark red paint and interior of black tables and chairs, etc. You can smoke inside, unlike other places. During the weekends, it's hectic to get a table from what I hear. We waited it out until Sunday evening when it's less busy.

Food: Free fried egg, veggies with hot sauce, and your orders of food. Do not pass up on the Korean hot link sausages! Dip the links with their hot mustard if you have a palate for that kickness! Fish cake is offered on a large skewer and seafood broth. Mmm....filling! Also, try the quail egg wrapped in bacon skewer. I admit, I love bacon...it was different eating this. I want more! Cheese corn is nothing spectacular.

Soju/drinks: Apple and pineapple soju is the reason why I came. Wonderfully presented in a hollow apple and pineapple, they serve the soju in a separate pitcher. True test was how it tasted. For a girl that loves a shot of hard liquor instead of fruity drinks, I am satisfied. I enjoyed every drop of it! As any other person, my SO and I also wanted poktangju (soju & beer). We ordered one too many. We left a little buzzed! *hiccups* I want more!

I advise to take the Metro if you plan to get drunk here. Easy walk from the station. Great place to just have a chill or crazy night of fun! Otherwise, please bring a DD. I can't wait to come back for more!

Things to Do Near Heu