Lived and worked in Calgary for a couple of years whilst living in Canada. It's a very nice City but it is really confusing for us Brits in that their street layout is in numbered streets and avenues using the Points of the Compass to determine where all of the residences and businesses are located as opposed to here where ...
Things to do near HI-Calgary City Centre
- 10.51 mi
- 20.88 mi
- 30.73 mi317-7th Avenue, Calgary, AB T2P Canada0.73 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre14 reviews
In 1977 the City of Calgary opened the Devonian Gardens which was Alberta's largest indoor park. The park included artwork, water features, fish and a variety of tropical flowers. In 2012 the City of Calgary re-opened the Devonian Gardens and if you are looking for artwork, water features, fish and a variety of tropical flowers then you should not bother ...Popular withWellnessFamiliesOutdoor
- 40.46 mi1st Street South East, Calgary, AB T2G Canada0.46 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre6 reviews
Everyone likes to ride their bike - but nobody likes to share the road with cars. This pathway system that criss-crosses the city is the ideal way to get around by bike and avoid cars in the process.Popular withOutdoorFamiliesGreen
- 50.62 mi
- 60.36 mi
- 70.74 mi317 - 7th Ave SW, Calgary, AB T2P 2Y90.74 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre5 reviews
With Independent Bookstores such as Pages and Shelf Life within decent walking distance from here, there's really no need to go into this Downtown Indigo unless you want to kill time and/or shamelessly inflate ones review numbers. Guess What? :) Let's just say I met the personal experience requirement, but barely. I browsed through the shelves, recoiled at the mall ...Popular withFamiliesBusinessLocal
- 80.82 mi1221 2 Street Southwest, Calgary, AB T2R 1N80.82 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre3 reviews
The cottage is 2 blocks from Memorial Drive which runs along the Bow River. The memorial park and Peace bridge are located 2 blocks from the cottage and provide a lovely walking route.Popular withOutdoorBusinessFamilies
- 90.85 mi
- 100.41 mi130 9th Avenue, Calgary, AB T2G Canada0.41 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre2 reviews
The Glenbow is a great place to start your Calgary history lesson. Great exhibits on the birth of the city and the folks that were here first.Popular withLocalFamiliesDesign
- 110.84 mi
- 120.48 mi
- 130.61 mi200 8 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, AB T2P 1B5, Canada0.61 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre2 reviews
Every Big City has a Department Store and in Canada it's The Bay. And like every other store of this genre, the selection will depend on the neighbourhood. This "Compagnie de la Baie d'Hudson" Outpost in Downtown Calgary is one of their flagship stores, complete with the large, historical, and multi-leveled building. The practical upshot is nicer choice of stuff ...
- 140.65 mi
- 150.88 mi400 4 Avenue Southwest, Calgary, AB T2P 0R3, Canada0.88 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre1 review
Shell Centre is where I usually end up when come to Calgary on Business. Yes, it's my Company's Canadian Mother Ship and a place of good (albeit challenging) memories and friends. Shell Centre is located right Downtown, is connected to the +15, and measures ~460 feet tall over it's 33 Floors. It was completed in 1977 and wears its age ...
- 160.94 mi1302 4 Street Southwest, Calgary, AB T2R 0X8, Canada0.94 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre1 review
I didn't have enough time... I wandered into Shelf Life Books too close to closing time. As I browsed the shelves, I quickly discovered that I was a special independent bookstore and felt a certainly literary nirvana that I had last experienced at Powell's Books in Portland. The selection was thoughtfully curated and was strong with the Canadian Author force. ...
- 170.88 mi510 8th Ave SW, Calgary, AB, Canada0.88 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre1 reviewPopular withLuxuryBusiness
- 180.88 mi200 Barclay Parade SW, Calgary, AB T2P 4R50.88 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre1 review
The Eau Claire Wine Market is just a short walk from the Sheraton and other Downtown Hotels. That's handy as I like having a bottle of wine in the room to relax at the end of a long business trip day. This Wine Shop is on the small side, but has a nice selection of Canadian wine, plus good choices ...
- 190.87 miEau Claire Market, Calgary, AB T2P 4R5, Canada0.87 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre1 review
Are you on a business trip in Downtown Calgary and need to score a few Cubans? That would be Cigars not any reference to Seinfeld...Then Emilio's Humidor is your place, which you can't miss it when walking into the Eau Claire Market. If US Customs is reading this review, they can relax. I don't smoke, buy cigars, or stash any ...
- 200.39 mi824 1 St SE, Calgary, Alberta, Canada0.39 mi from HI-Calgary City Centre1 review
Jack Singer Concert Hall is located in the Epcor Centre for Performing Arts, the major arts centre in downtown Calgary. It's the home of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra and an excellent acoustic venue for a variety of musical events. It's also hosted comedy performers including John Cleese, Billy Connolly and recently, Danny Bhoy.Popular withDesignLocalNightlife