High Country Inn
Member Reviews (1)
- High Country InnMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 6First to ReviewJul 04, 2012
Our intrepid Earthwatch crew met here for dinner after we returned from the Northwest Territories and Dechenla Lodge.
They have a nice patio with inside and outside options in the summer. And it being a Friday evening, the place was busy and the folks there were a pretty diverse bunch age, sex, and ethnicity-wise. The staff was friendly and the service was just OK.
They serve the beer from the local microbrewery (Yukon) here and I thought that the Grizzly and Yukon Red were excellent. Most of us had the fish and chips which were surprisingly very good!. I say that because I have had lots of marginal fish and chips in my travels and I have low expectations every time I order them.
Most of all, we were a group of folks who grew together as a team during our 2 weeks together and as friends we were happy to enjoy each other's company before we all headed home. This was a great place to do that.
Good!73 reviews across the web.
- Hotel100% thought it was clean.
- Service96% found the staff to be very friendly.
- LocationCity centre within easy reach, said 89%.
- InternetVery good internet connection. Appreciated by 85% of guests.
- FoodFood is delicious. 80% of the guests liked it.
- PricePrice is tolerable. Only 69% of guests gave positive comments.