Hilton Checkers Los Angeles
- Business Center
- Fitness Center
- Room Service
- Swimming Pool
- Data Ports
- TV In Room
- Hair Dryer
- Air Conditioning
- In-House Bar
- Meeting Rooms
- Clothing Iron
- In-House Dining
- Wake Up Service
- Coffee & Tea Maker
- Handicap Accessible
- Show more
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to?Join now
- 98%Business Travelers
Member Reviews (5)
- Hilton Checkers Los AngelesMember ofBusiness TravelersLocal CultureLuxury Travelers+ 2Jul 03, 2012
A good business hotel with great city views. The standard room is elegant, relatively outdated, but comfortable. The rooftop pool/area offers especially beautiful city views. Service was friendly and efficient. The location is most excellent for business travelers and/or performances’ guests. Do explore: visit the Walt Disney Concert Hall & the Union Station to admire their stunning contrasting architectures.
- Hilton Checkers Los AngelesMember ofLocal CultureFoodiesLGBT+ 1Jul 04, 2012
This is a short-stay, business hotel. I can't really imagine it any other way. A bit stuffy, a bit classy, and a bit sterile-- I guess I'm not their target demographic. Hey, that's cool; I'm sure they'd agree.
As usual the Hilton offers standard elegance. There's a bar in the lobby with an adjoining outdoor patio space, which would be great for a cool drink on a warm day in LA. The rooftop pool and gym are a little small, which I would expect of San Francisco, but not of Los Angeles-- clearly neither of these things is the Hilton's focus.
Where this Hilton location excels is their dedication to elegance. Rather than going the easy route of a modern, IKEA look, the Hilton sticks to what it knows and keeps it decadent: marble floors, gold-plating, and pressed sheets.
The pay-to-play wifi is a bit of a turn off, but I suppose their typical business-person clientele probably doesn't mind.
Definitely no complaints with the friendly and attentive staff. The valet, in particular, was an absolute pleasure to meet.
- Hilton Checkers Los AngelesAug 23, 2012
Came here with the travelzoo deal (which was one of the most stellar deals out there.. $39 for a 3 course dinner for two!) Some things I really dig about this place, and some things I did not:
+ Rock shrimp & saffron risotto: majorly delicious. big pieces of shrimp, good texture on the risotto, and flavor was really good overall
+ Duck breast on duck confit risotto: yes, risotto part duex. I really liked the duck on duck play, and the duck breast was cooked well too.
- $35 corkage fee... way high!
- Parking: pain in the butt in for the area and the valet was a little bit expensive for just dinner
* Food overall is 'good' but not really worth that retail value they charge. At the price we got it for though, that was a wonderful meal at that price. Can't beat that.
- Hilton Checkers Los AngelesJul 04, 2012
The Hilton Checkers was exactly what I expected. Comfortable, basic and cheaper than other places around, just what I needed for a weekend in LA. I was a bit unhappy with the lack of parking and having to pay for valet every time, and with the wifi fee. But otherwise, I enjoyed laying out on their nice pool deck and having a drink with friends at their patio bar. The hotel is close to the LA Live entertainment complex, which I appreciated as Staples Center and the ESPN Zone were on my to-do list. I probably would not stay here again because of the parking issue, but no gripes with the hotel and the professional and attentive staff.
Very Good!780 reviews across the web.
- Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
- Guests recommend this hotel for a romantic getaway.
- Location99% enjoyed the nightlife nearby.
- Food94% loved the dining experience.
- Service92% found the staff to be very friendly.
- Hotel91% thought it was clean.
- Hotel BuildingAcceptable building. Only 66% of guests had positive things to say about it.
- Room59% said rooms were small.