Hilton San Jose

300 Almaden Boulevard, San Jose, CA 95110

Kevin Picholo

Located in the heat of San Jose downtown, its covenient to walk around to San Carlos and San Fernando and 1st and 2nd streets where the night life is. Next to convention center and only 5 min taxi ride to the SJ airport. Highly recommended for business travellers to San Jose.

• Hilton San JosePro 2014
    Trinity
    3 Dec 04, 2013

The hubby and I stayed here during the Thanskgiving holiday.

We had Diamond HHonors status and were treated to an upgraded room to the Executive level, complimentary breakfast for two and free Wi-Fi. The room was clean, spacious and well decorated.

We wished we could have checked out the Executive lounge, but it was closed for the holiday weekend. We were instead given breakfast vouchers for the hotel restaurant. It was not bad. They ran out of bacon in the buffet and it took some time to refill it. Once we got some bacon, it was the best item they served. Nice, thick and slightly crunchy. I didn't like the service at the restaurant though. It was very slow and I ended up self-serving myself coffee when no coffee came. They also provided plastic utensils and foam plates at the buffet which made the whole dining experience feel like I was at a low level budget hotel. Meh.

Valet parking and self-parking available for a nightly rate. Small gripe about the valet. Late night there was no one outside to receive the car and we had to walk inside the hotel the front desk for help.

The hotel was convenient to the convention center and local light rail station on downtown. It was also easy to find from the freeway.

Recommended for:Family TravelersBusiness Travelers
    R David Paine
    4 May 05, 2013

Great customer service

As is the case in most Hiltons, the executive floors were located at the top two floors of the hotel.
    This trip was a business trip, a four night stay. I had booked in advance online, an executive floor suite. We arrived late Tuesday (10:00 PM) evening after spending a long day traveling and sightseeing. This Hilton offers a valet service with, I am told, reasonable rates. I took my valet ticket and headed inside. To my surprise there were actually two people doing check in, even this late at night on a weeknight. For the first time in a long time, at this check-in, I was actually thanks for being a rewards member. Unfortunately, I did not get the person's name but it would seem later that everyone who works here is polite, courteous and quite helpful. I got my key and headed up to the room on the 17th floor (1715). Entering the room, it was quite dark. On a scale of 1 to 10, I placed the darkness factor at around nine with 10 being the darkest. I fumbled for the light switch, and turning it on. I instantly felt a bit disappointed. Unfortunately the lighting in this room was simply horrible. It was all old model compact fluorescence. Now of course, I have no problem with compact fluorescence mind you, but these were the old kind were the light was yucky blue white. It was so stark and uninviting. And not just the overhead, all the lighting was like this. The only reprieve I actually had was in the bathroom because the lighting in this room was kind of fancy and placed behind the mirror. Fortunately the rest of the decor helped to counterbalance the starkness of the lighting. Warm burgundy hues with sharp blue contrasts were present. Present were the typical accoutrements, including, a flatscreen HDTV, a chase lounge chair and, a nice desk. Upon closer examination, there were small amenities that really set this place apart from the rest of the herd. Take the desk for example, located in that area is a portal with four power outlets, a phone connection, an ethernet port, RCA video connection, audio connection, VGA connection, and an HDMI connection, sweet! I had asked online for extra towels and found them on my bed. Part of being a Hilton H honors member, is that you get at a certain level, free bottled water left in your room. This is always really nice. Like most Hiltons, the bathroom was white marble, with a white toilet and sink to match. The shower was nice even though the curtain was ripped a little bit. The water here is soft so be prepared for that if you're not used to it, which I'm not. Each time I took a shower, I got hot water with the temperature that was more than adequate. I did find it odd, that since it was 50° outside, the air was off. As a result, the room felt a little stuffy to begin with. At home I sleep in about a 72° environment but since the air here is a lot drier, I set the temperature on the air-conditioner at 68° and turned the fan to always on for both the noise, and the movement of air. The king-size bed was comfortable, with crisp sheets. The pillows, of which there were five, were standard Hilton offerings, which are Pacific down pillows. I slept like a rock. Oh, and did I mention that it's dark in this room? Wonderful.

The next morning, I headed to breakfast on the 18th floor. There is a special staircase on the 17th floor behind a locked door that leads to the 18th floor executive lounge. It's pretty cool feature, because it allows you to quickly get to that area without feeling like I had to traipse up and down an elevator. The view in this room is spectacular. You're able to see the morning fog rolling over the mountains and into the suburbs. It's really a wonderful morning breakfast view. I would eat breakfast in this lounge for the next four mornings. I noticed that they'd do slight variations on the entrée every day. This is a really exceptional thing, and I was one to take notice. They had French toast, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with spinach, scrambled eggs with cheese, scrambled eggs with potatoes and every day they had bacon and who doesn't like bacon? In addition, they had typical Hilton fare of serial, muffins, bagels, toast, and fresh fruit. But even in this endeavor they excelled with fresh fruit that looked like a gourmet spread. The oatmeal always had various extras to add to it like brown sugar and raisins. They also had orange juice, grapefruit juice, water, hot tea, hot coffee, milk, and soda. In addition, they even had some bottled waters you could take with you for the road.

Unfortunately, I did have a "incident" at this hotel. On Wednesday morning, after being impressed with the great breakfast, I was deeply saddened by learning that they have lost the keys to my rental car. The really ironic thing was, they parked my car up front, right next to the door, alongside a Porsche. So I could see it and touch it, I just couldn't drive it. We were going to be late for our training so we asked the valet if he would purchase us a taxi to get to the training until they sorted it out. He called a taxi over and we were whisked off. What truly impressed me about the situation was the way in which the manager handled this bungle. He called me on my cell phone, to inform me that he had found the keys, and he would arrange for them to be brought to me with the car. A little while later I got another call, it was the manager, and he was downstairs in the parking lot with my car! I went down to get the keys and was really impressed that was the actual manager who came to give me the keys and make apologies. He also offered to pay for the valet service for the rest of my stay as a result of the mishap. In addition, he also insisted that we have dinner at the restaurant that night. It would turn out later that we probably should have taken him up on his offer instead of going to the restaurant that we went to. Every time we returned to the hotel from that point forward I was greeted by name by the valet staff. I don't know if they were told to do that or they're just nice people but it was a great touch.
    Instead of taking him up on his offer of dinner, I asked for cocktails when we returned that night from eating out at another restaurant that really wasn't all that great (see my review of The Fish Market). The bartender was a really nice woman with a great personality. The bar area itself isn't really warm and inviting per se, but it will do the trick. There are a few TVs, a couple of nice sofas, some hightop tables and of course, some barstools that belly up. The piped in music contained a wide variety, sure to please everyone.
    This hotel is located adjacent to the convention center. It also has a train stop/station within walking distance. The interstate is in close proximity as well. Traveling from the airport can be done in 8 to 10 minutes.
    There was one other small thing that impressed me quite a bit. On one of the days, I think it was Friday night, when I returned back to my room, the cleaning person had left a bottle of water for me. I know you're thinking big deal right? But it just so happened, that I was incredibly thirsty that night and it was really nice to not have to figure out how I was going to quench my thirst before bed. And that pretty much sums up my feelings about this particular Hilton. It's the little things that really make a huge difference.

Jewels
    4 Jul 23, 2012

I stayed here for the first time earlier this year.

The rooms have been remodeled and were clean. I had a suite and there was enough room to hold all the baby gear I needed for a 4 night stay.

I checked in when the power went out so going up the service elevator was an interesting experience. No power meant no AC so we waited for 10 minutes for the elevator to come back and pick us up.

Everyone was nice and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again next year!

Erno Tauriainen
    3 Jul 04, 2012

Quiet, nice and clean hotel in San Jose. Nice restaurant and bar in the lobby with free wi-fi which has good speed. Quick to exit to freeway, so it's a good hotel for business people.

Showing Lowest Prices

This hotel is located close to the airport. Attractions in the neighborhood include San Jose McEnery Convention Center, Tech Museum, and Children's Discovery Museum. Additional attractions include San Jose Museum of Art.

Features.
Dining options at Hilton San Jose include a restaurant and a bar/lounge. Room service is available during limited hours. Recreational amenities include an outdoor pool, a

... read more
spa tub, and a fitness facility. This 3.5 star property has a business center and offers secretarial services, audio visual equipment, and business services. High speed Internet access is available in public areas. This San Jose property has event space consisting of banquet facilities and conference/meeting rooms. Concierge services, translation services, and tour assistance are available. Additional property amenities include multilingual staff, gift shops/newsstands, and currency exchange.

Guestrooms.
There are 355 guestrooms at Hilton San Jose. Beds come with pillowtop mattresses and premium bedding. Refrigerators and coffee/tea makers are offered. Bathrooms feature hair dryers. In addition to complimentary newspapers, guestrooms offer multi line phones with voice mail. Televisions have cable channels and pay movies. Air conditioned rooms also include desks, complimentary bottled water, irons/ironing boards, and clock radios. Guests may request hypo allergenic bedding, extra towels/bedding, and wake up calls. A nightly turndown service and housekeeping are available. Cribs (infant beds) and rollaway beds are available on request.

Notifications:

• There are no room charges for children 18 years old and younger who occupy the same room as their parents or guardians, using existing bedding.

• Business Center
  • Fitness Center
  • Room Service
  • Swimming Pool
  • Pets Allowed

Good!291 reviews across the web.

• Guests recommend this hotel for business travelers.
  • Guests think this is a family-friendly hotel.
  • Service
    92% found the staff to be very friendly.
    90% thought it was clean.
    88% enjoyed the restaurants & bars nearby.
  • Food
    72% were happy with the price.
  • Room
    For only 59%, the bathroom was ok.
  • Hotel Building