Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm Tours
Tribes: Who likes this place?
What the scores mean:
These scores tell you how well-liked a place is in each Tribe. Gogobot Tribes are groups who share a certain travel style, like Family Travelers or History Buffs.
Which Gogobot Tribe do you belong to? Join now
- 98%Family Travelers
- 79%Art & Design Lovers
- 70%Outdoor Enthusiasts
- 60%History Buffs
- 60%Adventure Travelers
Member Reviews (7)Write a review
- Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm ToursMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBudget Travelers+ 5
A must go for LOTR fans! The setting is beautiful - bagshot row and all the brightly colored hobbit holes; the lake, party tree, water mill and lush gardens all over. The ales provided at the Green Dragon is a great way to end the tour.Recommended for:
- Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm ToursMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersFamily Travelers+ 4
besides being able to actually see and be in the movie set, it's a very informative tour as the guide is able to provide some interesting information on the movie set. a beautiful place and i guess it's a must visit place for fans of the lord of the ring.Recommended for:
- Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm Tours
- Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm ToursMember ofLocal CultureBudget TravelersBusiness TravelersFoodies
The drive here is fairly long - 2 hours or so from Auckland by auto. You pay 75 NZD for entrance and that gets you a 1.5 hour tour plus a complimentary drink at the pub at the end. It's a pretty cool little place to come, and amazing to note that this is where the movie came out of. Don't miss this if you are a LOTR fan.
- Hobbiton Movie Set and Farm ToursMember ofLocal CultureOutdoor EnthusiastsBusiness TravelersFoodies
Hobbiton has the set from her Lord of the Rings movies, but you also have a chance to feed baby lambs. The cafe is decent and the only food close by. They were working on a restaurant in the Green Dragon while we were there in November 2012.Recommended for: