Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

2200 Colorado Avenue, Santa Monica, CA 90404
Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

• Hole in the Wall Burger JointPro 2014

Contrary to the name, Hole in the Wall Burger Joint is not quite a hole in the wall. Apparently their previous location was really cool but their new location is just a regular store front located on the first floor of an office building.

The restaurant is cash only. Once you enter, they have order sheets on the counter for you to make your own burger combination. You can also select the sides and drinks right on the order sheet. When you're done, take it to the counter and they will call your name when your order is ready.

I had the beef patty with egg, onion mayo, pepper jack cheese and veggies in a pretzel bun. The burger was oily yet flavorless. I had to smother mine in ranch and ketchup. The burger was quite big and messy. I couldn't finish mine in one sitting.

I had their fried mac n cheese ball and the hushpuppies for my sides. The hushpuppies were quite good but the mac n cheese ball was over-fried so it was hard. I didn't quite care for the flavor either.

They have homemade ketchup, which I found to be too liquidy. I prefer the regular ketchup and luckily they have that. They also make their own ranch and it's pretty good.

• Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

My favorite gourmet burger joint. This place tops The Counter. The pretzel buns add immense flavor to already top noche burgers. Yummy!

• Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

Before this place opened, it used to be a cupcake shop. My sister lives really close by, so I would come and visit her and sometimes eat here.

In the beginning, the burgers were AMAZING. I don't eat beef, so I'd get the turkey burger and it would always be so good!

* Turkey Burger
    * Whole wheat bread
    * Pepperjack Cheese
    * Lettuce
    * Tomatoes
    * Chipotle Mayo
    * Red Onion
    And a side of sweet potato fries

Then all of the sudden... the quality went down with each time I went. I was really was disappointed in that. When I ate my turkey burger, it had a weird after taste... And just the flavors itself did not taste good to me. I was really disappointed.

Sweet potato fries were alright. Their ranch dressing is amazing. Their special ketchup is alright.

NOTES:
    * Street parking (and limited)
    * CASH only
    * Cool ambiance

• Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

Pretty good gourmet burgers. They have interesting buns to choose from and the fries are good as well.

Addition 10/28/2012 - The burger is better than I remembered, very juicy and flavorful. The pretzel bun is excellent.

• Hole in the Wall Burger Joint

Fantastic burgers here. FANTASTIC. TERRIBLE for your heart. But AMAZING for your mouth and belly.

• Hole in the Wall Burger JointPro 2014

Hole in the Wall is behind the plaza with the Winchell's. There is just a small sign on the corner where you need to turn to get to it. They make their own spreads and ketchup, so the flavors are different, but good. You get to customize your burger with the type of meat, bun, spread, and toppings. I found the pretzel bun surprisingly soft and tasty. They also have a burger of the day, so keep your options open.

506 people visited Hole in the Wall Burger Joint